K20A2 head vs K20A head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20A2 head vs K20A head

What is the different between those 2 heads?

If we change K20A2 cams, valve springs, head gasket and retainer, will it work as good as stock K20A head?

Erik

Why would you want to change to jdm cams and springs? The gains are very minimal once you mod the engines.

Adam has a K20A2 with mugen airbox, toda headers and toda exhaust and Sang has a K20 with mugen airbox, toda headers and mugen exhaust and there is a difference of 2kw in power between the two cars, i'm not sure of the midrange difference but i can't imagine it being that much. And you also have to take into consideration that the K20 has a higher compression ratio, which would be more likely the reason for the K20 making more power.

Your much better off going for aftermarket cams if your going to go to all the effort and cost of changing them, that would be my opinion anyways
    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

http://www.k-series.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5958

Comment

Thanx for the helps anyway, I'm just curious about it and great info for me

Erik

Comment

top end difference between k20a2 and k20a is similar with the k20a just edging out the k20a2.

mid and low range difference between k20a2 and k20a is like night and day in my opinion and experience. ask tofu for a 2nd hand passenger opinion of the difference.
          almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

yup
            i agree...the mid range difference between the JDM K20A and the K20A2 modded with cams is not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
              What is the different between those 2 heads?

If we change K20A2 cams, valve springs, head gasket and retainer, will it work as good as stock K20A head?

Erik
              The JDM DC5R with K20A engine has exactly the same part number for the head as the Australian DC5R with K20A2 engine. The part number is 12100-PRB-A00.

The K20A engine has a compression ratio of 11.5 to 1 while the K20A2 is 11.0 to 1. Different pistons in the K20A.

The early K20A and K20A2 had exactly the same valves, springs and retainers according to the parts manual. The springs changed a little by the time the 2004 model arrived, but essentially the same still.

Both engines have the same head gasket exactly according to the parts manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Evatec View Post
                The JDM DC5R with K20A engine has exactly the same part number for the head as the Australian DC5R with K20A2 engine. The part number is 12100-PRB-A00.

The K20A engine has a compression ratio of 11.5 to 1 while the K20A2 is 11.0 to 1. Different pistons in the K20A.

The early K20A and K20A2 had exactly the same valves, springs and retainers according to the parts manual. The springs changed a little by the time the 2004 model arrived, but essentially the same still.

Thanx for the info this is what I want to know.

Erik

Comment

Would u know if the crankshafts are the same? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                    Would u know if the crankshafts are the same? thanks
                    Same crankshaft part number for K20A and K20A2 (13310-PRB-A00).

Connecting rods also have exactly the same part number.

K20A has a different part number for the crankshaft pulley (13810-PRC-003) while the K20A2 is 13810-PRB-A01. The K20A pulley could be lighter or slightly different diameter. Only guessing here. I might check it out sometime and find out the difference.

K20A has a lighter flywheel (22100-PRC-003). K20A2 flywheel part number is 22100-PRB-003.

Comment

Thanks dude, most appreciated

Comment

So change the pistons, headgasket, pulley, and most likely the ecu then u have yourself an early model jdm k20a ........

Damn

Comment

Same crankshaft part number for K20A and K20A2 (13310-PRB-A00).

Connecting rods also have exactly the same part number.

K20A has a different part number for the crankshaft pulley (13810-PRC-003) while the K20A2 is 13810-PRB-A01. The K20A pulley could be lighter or slightly different diameter. Only guessing here. I might check it out sometime and find out the difference.

K20A has a lighter flywheel (22100-PRC-003). K20A2 flywheel part number is 22100-PRB-003.
                          sorry to bring up an old thread but i didnt want to create another wasted thread for 1 quick qns

how heavy i the k20a fly compare to ausdm's ?
                          19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Working...
                          X