Extractor DC5 sensor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extractor DC5 sensor problems

After installation of a X-force extractor for my DC5 type S, a sensor light is now constantly on.

I took it back to mechanic, he reset the ECU and it disappeared but its on again.

Its probably the CO2 sensor at the cat pipe. Any1 else have similar problems after installation of headers?

Any similar experiences would help.

Cheers.

Does it have a cat?

But yeh i had that problem.
    Give it a bit of a thrash, let it cool. start it up again and might be gone.
    Happened to me (not with xforce)

Comment

Quick fix is to refit the factory header,
      (Added bonus is to regain the power you lost with this header)

Long winded approach is to either get a Hondata K-Pro & turn the error off.
      Or get a defouler... (Omni Power)
      TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
      TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
      Official Australian Distributors
      Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Wow! I agree with Adrian. And just before the end of the year.

Sell that shit to an unsuspecting fool and buy TODA headers. You'll get proven power and no warning lights.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Wow! I agree with Adrian. And just before the end of the year.

You'll get proven power and no warning lights.
          So the Toda header won't have such problem?

What's the cause of the problem?

Comment

Some people have had the issue with TODA headers too. Adrian was pointing out the fact that the X Force headers were worse than stock. K Pro will ensure no warning lights b

Comment

The Type R doesn't have this issue. Only the Type S.

Comment

Originally posted by tk38 View Post
                Does it have a cat?

But yeh i had that problem.
                Give it a bit of a thrash, let it cool. start it up again and might be gone.
                Happened to me (not with xforce)
                So did yours disappear after sometime?

Comment

i had a KKRH with a 200 cell hi flow cat installed recently and i had the cel on straight away. i just bought an angled defouler from ebay which should fix the problem. thats the cheapest way to fix it, or reinstall the stock header.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    Some people have had the issue with TODA headers too. Adrian was pointing out the fact that the X Force headers were worse than stock. K Pro will ensure no warning lights b
                    I can back sam up about this.....no point to buy sth like Xforce....they are cheap...but worth nth in a long run....and they dun make any gain compare to stock......sell it b4 too late....
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ
                    :blah:
                    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by T R DC5 View Post
                      So did yours disappear after sometime?
                      Yeh it did. I drove around with it for about 10 mins or so, for the first couple of drives with easy throttling etc. And it remained on.
                      On the same day i took it out and drove for about 40 mins giving it some here and there. And after stopping at friends house (about 2 hours later) i started it up, and it was gone.

Also i would like to point out mine aren't xforce, and that this is more prone to happen on a type S.

Comment

Also, what's with the popping noise from the exhaust when I down shift at high rpm, especially downshift to 2nd gear?

Is it caused by the excess emission from low rpm to high rpm when down shift? Is there any chance of fire ball coming from the my exhaust? I got fujitsubo rm01a catback exhaust, xforce header with built in metal cat.

Comment

Popping noises are overun. Excess fuel igniting in your manifold. There won't be any fireball because you have a catalytic converter.

Comment

What is a defouler and how does it work? Where can I get one? How complicated is it to fit one on?

Comment

Its just a pipe that puts the O2 sensor further out so it doesnt get direct flow on it.
                              They are pretty easy to fit, just undo the O2 sensor and put it in between.
                              If you want... i have one. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X