Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket seats into Type S (SRS airbag light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket seats into Type S (SRS airbag light)

Had a quick search but didn't find anything thorough on these forums apart from the below thread.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=airbag

This thread was useful but would be awesome if someone can do a quick write up on exactly what they did to get around the SRS light that comes on when you remove the stock seats that have the side airbags in them.

I found these two threads on ClubRSX. The first seems simpler than the second and does not require the removal of the airbag from the seat for any reason what so ever.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=308198

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ermarket+seats

Another option would be to buy the airbag module from a dc5r but that is pretty costly compared to the other methods. There was mention of a resistor that could be used, what ohms and where would you plug it in?

If anyone has done it, could you post up saying which method you used. Pictures would be awesome also!

Thanks in advance
    DC5S

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
    This thread was useful but would be awesome if someone can do a quick write up on exactly what they did to get around the SRS light that comes on when you remove the stock seats that have the side airbags in them.
    lol bag the forum out cause no one made a DIY on SRS light appearing.

Blaze Orange

Comment

Here is what I have done LINK

If you read the second link you posted from ClubRSX it tells you what resistor you need. Just plug it into the sensor that would normally plug into the airbag from the stock seat. This will get rid of the srs light only if you are replacing the driver side seat. If your removing both then its a whole different story!
      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
      sigpic
      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
        Here is what I have done LINK

If you read the second link you posted from ClubRSX it tells you what resistor you need. Just plug it into the sensor that would normally plug into the airbag from the stock seat. This will get rid of the srs light only if you are replacing the driver side seat. If your removing both then its a whole different story!
        Yeah if it comes to it, I'll just have to deal with the light being on. Not a huge problem, just wondering if there was a quick fix.
        On another note, I was planning on changing both the driver and the passenger seat. Any idea about the story to do that?

@TypeSexy
        Don't exactly see how I bagged out the forum
        Last edited by vuongster; 22-12-09, 03:45 PM.
        DC5S

Comment

Working...
        X