Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DC5's who have used Toda Headers + Power Getter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any DC5's who have used Toda Headers + Power Getter?

For those of you who have used Toda Headers + Cat + Fujitsubo Power Getter, were any modifications needed to fit the exhaust? I grabbed one and it is pretty tight when on. Pretty sure I have a leak somewhere and can smell it and the exhaust hits the body when I switch on the car causing a constant hard rattling. I compared it to Darren's (daz) Power Getter and it seems to be modified to be slightly longer and yet it is still barely able to fit. (Either the b-pipe can't reach to join the muffler or can't reach the cat depending which way it was installed)

the todas are race headers and do not come with a cat. They are designed however to bolt up to all exhaust that would bolt to the stock exhaust. In order to run a cat they need to have the cat custom welded in to either the B pipe or the headers.

Pending the size of your cat/who did the install, the installation of your cat might have resulted in your headers being somewhat shorter than spec and now your catback doesnt fit up perfectly.

Comment

I thought that might be the reason. What's weird though is that my Buddy Club Spec 3 + Stock Exhaust fit fine and neither have been modified. (Stock is Uc's as well)

Comment

i use to have the same problem.. i had a customized b-pipe and even then there were a few problems.

Comment

Call me next week and I can have a look for you bro.....
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
            For those of you who have used Toda Headers + Cat + Fujitsubo Power Getter, were any modifications needed to fit the exhaust? I grabbed one and it is pretty tight when on. Pretty sure I have a leak somewhere and can smell it and the exhaust hits the body when I switch on the car causing a constant hard rattling. I compared it to Darren's (daz) Power Getter and it seems to be modified to be slightly longer and yet it is still barely able to fit. (Either the b-pipe can't reach to join the muffler or can't reach the cat depending which way it was installed)
            Sounds like you didn't change the swaybar.
            TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
            TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
            Official Australian Distributors
            Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

The swaybar has been changed. It is hitting the bottom of the chassis, where the exhaust bends to meet the cat. Found out my cat is at a bit of an angle since my other exhaust (Buddy Club Spec 3) needed different hangers to sit nicely or at least not as low.
              Last edited by M@lew; 12-12-09, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                Found out my cat is at a bit of an angle since my other exhaust (Buddy Club Spec 3) needed different hangers to sit nicely or at least not as low.
                That'd be your issue...
                If the cat has been fitted to the header in a way to suit the buddyclub cat back, you will pretty much have issues with any JDM aftermarket exhaust & also the stock one.
                The Buddyclub cat back has a different bend at the front & fails to pass throgh the cutout in the floor rail correctly.
                Even when matched with their header, fitemet quality is still average at best.

Fix for you is to get a std header,
                Make a jig...
                Then repair the rear section of your modified TODA header to follow the path of the std header,
                This will sort your issue.

Your other problem is having people second guess the manufacturer as to where an exhaust should hang.
                DC5 exhausts hang low. You need to be able to put your hand between the exhaust system & the floor.
                If this is too low to the ground, the smart fix is to raise the ride height of the car, not the exhaust.
                TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                Official Australian Distributors
                Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Working...
                X