idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle problem

strted the honda this afternoon and it was idling around 600 rpm and sloweelly creeped up to 800 area where it normaly sits..when i give the throttle a blip as the revs drops down it goes down to as low as 450rpm ...sometimes it picks back up and sometimes it actually conks out...what u reken it is ? i got a feelin its the iacv but i wanna know if u guys have had the same problem before becuase i dont wanna be pulling it down for no reason.... i was gunna plug the scan tool in but i cant find the dianosis plug!! i got a bad feeling it might be flash code ?

just had another look...i had a listen at the exhaust and it sounds like its missing pretty bad i did my tappets today so i thought maybe i might have over adjusted them...but it did the same thing the other day and i flicked the lil electronic thing directly on top of the TB and it came good for 3 days... but now its back! and flicking it aint fixing it... what is that thing on top of the TB ? is it a Map Sensor ?

Comment

tinkkkkk saveee meeee

Comment

isn't that the TPS? throttle positioning sensor? correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by jppisbest View Post
          isn't that the TPS? throttle positioning sensor? correct me if i'm wrong
          nah thats on the side of the TB ...one on top looks like map sensor when i took it off... no idea what the resistance is ment to be.. and i found a green plug near the ecu is that the diagnosis plug ?

Comment

just crossed the brown and black wire over and got a code number 54 out which is a Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor...what the hell is that lol and where the hell is that

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                just crossed the brown and black wire over and got a code number 54 out which is a Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor...what the hell is that lol and where the hell is that
                http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

step 1. register on site
                step 2. download - Acura Integra (98-01) Service Manual (57.76mb PDF)
                step 3. look up code 54 and trouble shoot.

but i suspect you stuffed up the valve clearances - did you re-do them?

what clearance did you use?

where did you measure it?
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

step 1. register on site
                  step 2. download - Acura Integra (98-01) Service Manual (57.76mb PDF)
                  step 3. look up code 54 and trouble shoot.

but i suspect you stuffed up the valve clearances - did you re-do them?

what clearance did you use?

where did you measure it?
                  i did .152mm on the intakes and .178mm for the exhaust... i did it between the rocker and the top of the valve

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                    oh i had that problem too, no idea what it mean probably a busted sensor or your ecu could be registering faults on the speed of you crankshaft.
                    not sure if this would be the cause but could be, try disconnecting your battery for a certain amount of time and reconnecting it, take you car for a spin and see if your ecu is still registering this fault, if it's not then you'll know this is out of the question. like mine, i was doing some other stuff to my car so the battery terminals were disconnected, afterwards the ecu didn't register anything

Comment

i dc the ecu and it still the same... apparently the idea of the crank fluct sensor is to pick up and signs of missfire or sometin... what it does from there i got no idea lol i havnt actually got a light on the dash .. so i dunno

Comment

maybe get a mates car and swap with his/her map sensor?

or make sure the inside of the map sensor plug is not corroded?
                        ... retired/

Comment

cleaned the inside of the plug with contact cleaner.... and i only got one mate with a honda and its a d16y engine lol

Comment

i think it's the same sensor

depends on what OBD type it is whether the plg fits...
                            ... retired/

Comment

soon find out haha i thought dc2 had obd dianosis plug but turns out i had to cross the black and the brown wire to get flashes out of the ABS light

Comment

Working...
                              X