No announcement yet.

help installing coilovers DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i jsut want to know what repalcement i need in regards to that bolt!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      i jsut want to know what repalcement i need in regards to that bolt!
      That bent part is integral to the tie-rod end and cannot be replaced separately. I would purchase a new tie-rod end if I were you. Last time I bought one from Honda it cost me around $100.

Comment

that bolt is a B!@#$!@. took my mates and i the whole afternoon to get it off.. used the pulley clamp thing and all it did was bend and destroy the clamp.. (which we returned and said it was faulty)
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

hoepfully this weekend, i have a replacement part and have it all fitted bys saturdya afternoon!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            hoepfully this weekend, i have a replacement part and have it all fitted bys saturdya afternoon!
            Man this whole thread is fail,

From trying to remove the tie rod with a clamp? (I mean wTf, A clamp to remove a tie rod?????) to threading the bolt, to needing to replace the rod ends.

PEOPLE, This is a 30 second thing!!!!, weh i removed my tie rods last for wheel alignment i was able to have both sides done in almost under a minute.

Arghhhhh So Tilting, Good luck with replacing the rod ends, Im waiting for the thread which start of with "so i went to replace my tie rod ends over the weekend and..........." if your having troubles removing the rod ends now, im finding it hard to see how your going to replace them totaly, Jam the bolt back on the rod end, Buy a couple of new ones, take to your local mechanic & retunr in a couple of hours to pick up your car fully complete. best advice i can give you!

Comment

you need a special tool to replace the tie rods i think
              Blaze Orange

Comment

Not at all. Just a shifter and some spanners. The same goes for removing tie rod ends. There's a nut that keeps the TRE tight on it's thread but it's not tricky.

OP, I think the best suggestion I could give you is to put the car back together and get someone to install the coilovers. Flying blind with suspension can never be a good thing.

Comment

yeah.. tis all back together since Sunday... gonna bring toa workshop on the weekend. i jsut wanted to know what i needed to replace cos that bolt is threaded and bent
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

More than likely you will need to replace the tie rod end. It would be a good idea to replace both with inverted ones. I'm not sure what the location of steering arms are on BC N+ coilovers is.

Comment

do u know the rough price of tie rod ends frrom honda? and also after market ones?

just wanna comapre price.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

you need to put some upwards pressure on the tie rod. RE-READ MY POST!!!

get a breaker bar and wedge it inbetween the shock arm and the tie rod and lean downward on the breaker bar, then tell your boy to headbutt the shock arm as hard as he can.

The tie rod puller is absolutely hopeless, I'm suprised you didn't tear the rod end boot with it.

Where in syd are you so maybe one of us can guide you through it.

WAIT: I just looked at your picture. What is that hydrolic looking thing that is under the hub/rotor??? If the nut is bent really bad, it still might not come out. You might have to saw the nut off.

If you need a tie rod end to get you by, until you decide what rod end you are going to get, I have a spare rod end that you can have, The boot is torn open but it will work temporarily until you get a new rod end.
                        Last edited by T-BaGGeR; 07-12-09, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Thansk for the offer, but i think i'll buy a new tie rod end. cos my driver's side is threaded and bent.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

solid!

Comment

bout time
                                Blaze Orange