Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R can someone tell me how to adjust the friction point?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R can someone tell me how to adjust the friction point?!?!

got a new clutch and friction point is really high (literally right at the top) is there a way to adjust this???? please help it's quite annoying, i constantly over rev

lol, i've bled my fluid more than enough to get it all clean, did this right after installation of the clutch, also i've taken a look at it, by the looks of it adjustment from the master cylinder? isn't it that the clutch is operated via the slave cylinder rather than the master?

Comment

what clutch did u get installed?

when i got my exedy sports organic put in, the biting point was much higher than what i was used to in my stock clutch... and i bled it a few times after too lol! but after asking around, apparently its quite normal.

Also drove another dc2 with the same setup, and his biting point was identical.

You can adjust the clutch pedal though... i adjusted mine a couple mm to remove the "slack" or free play when fully disengaged... so it doesnt seem so "high".

Comment

the point moves 'up' as there is more meat on the clutch,

you replaced a worn-out one right?
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          the point moves 'up' as there is more meat on the clutch,

you replaced a worn-out one right?
          ^ yup, i've replaced a worn OEM clutch, i'm currently running an Exedy SO clutch. i know how people say, if it's a hydraulic clutch there's not much you could do about it, but i've also heard that there's a way to adjust it and if there were a way to adjust it i'd like to do this as i'm not comfortable with the high friction point at this state.

Comment

Drive it and get used to it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
              what clutch did u get installed?

when i got my exedy sports organic put in, the biting point was much higher than what i was used to in my stock clutch... and i bled it a few times after too lol! but after asking around, apparently its quite normal.

Also drove another dc2 with the same setup, and his biting point was identical.

You can adjust the clutch pedal though... i adjusted mine a couple mm to remove the "slack" or free play when fully disengaged... so it doesnt seem so "high".
              yeah i think we all have the same problem switching from an OEM to Exedy SO :/ the only person i know with the same clutch is in a dc5r and the friction point is probably around the middle but unsure about the differences between the dc2r and dc5r as seems to my the dc5r is a cable clutch
              i've also adjusted it from the pedal too but still feels as though there's not much difference, just doesn't feel right lol

Comment

yeah as JORDS said... you'll get used to it over time.

Now when i drive another car with a lower biting point, it feels weird! lol!

Comment

Working...
                X