Half size air con core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half size air con core

Has anyone ever fitted a civic half size air con core to a dc2? I still want air con yet I dont want the big ass core taking up all my radiator cooling space.
    Friends dont let friends roll on nankangs

it is a great idea trent,

just use a 92-95 eg civic one...

connections should be the same
    ... retired/

Comment

so they are different, but seems a bit costly to me, youd have to get it degassed and regassed and it may not be as cold
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

if connections are the same i will do it but being out at orange there are no wreckers with hondas I could look at. And scotty being a mechanic can regas for cheap. And not being quite soo cold doesnt bother me. Can anyone please check with a eg civic it fittings-connections are the same. Thanks guys

Comment

Just looked at one and the 1/2 size air con core sits next to the 1/2 size rad core taking up the usual full rad core space. So im thinking custom brackets and lines would have to be made to fit infront of full size dc2 rad.

Comment

Does anyone know of one thats available for cheap (or free) that I could fiddle with? I have a friend who is a fadricator who could make brackets for all to use and maybe fittings too

Comment

any luck with this trent?
              im interested to know ..
              Farewell TYP88R

Comment

u would need to use it from a ek4 coz your compresor fitment is bigger then the eg6 compressor fitment but the ac unit have to come off a b series engine..
                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #009

Comment

Na no luck as yet

Nobody as sponsored me a core to play-fiddle with but as soon as someone does I will get to work for all citr members and hopefull Find a way to make it fit and work.

Being a country bumpkin there are no wreckers with hondas I can attack...
                  Last edited by dc2rrrr; 28-10-06, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X