Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
    Oh well if your mech only quoted you $70 for install you would be crazy not to give the job to him.

Tell me more about the O-rings & the placement of them.
    I'll post up some photos for you on the weekend, but they're just rubber o-ring washers for water taps that you can get at bunnings.

They fit perfectly on either side of the rose joints...

maybe i'll just do a short write up...

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
      I'll post up some photos for you on the weekend, but they're just rubber o-ring washers for water taps that you can get at bunnings.

They fit perfectly on either side of the rose joints...

maybe i'll just do a short write up...
      Glad you mentioned this, ill make sure to pick some up before i do the install, weather i use them or not should be good to have.

I dont really remember but does anyone know if there are rubber mounts where the injector cover meets the manifold on the DC5 engine? If there was i think i lost mine & now the cover is rattling because of it.

Comment

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=IMG_0129.flv

Small video of startup, if you guys think Enery Mount Inserts are good you should seriously check out some full replacement engine mounts (Innovative 60A Billet Engine Mounts, torque mounts removed).

You'll need to turn your audio right up. Points in video:
        - You can hear my keys shaking (keeping engine @ 800-900rpm) but stops when i let go of accelerator.
        - Yes my engine does idle at around 2-300rpm when cold, 4-500rpm when warm.
        - Hard to see but you should be able to make out the shaking gear lever/knob.
        - If you turn it up you should be able to hear my E-tag rattling in the pocket too.

Comment

Originally posted by geeang View Post

Small video of startup, if you guys think Enery Mount Inserts are good you should seriously check out some full replacement engine mounts (Innovative 60A Billet Engine Mounts, torque mounts removed).

- You can hear my keys shaking (keeping engine @ 800-900rpm) but stops when i let go of accelerator.
          - If you turn it up you should be able to hear my E-tag rattling in the pocket too.
          Thats a nice engine bay you got there bro, LOL @ the random Rev!

how long have you had them on for now?

Comment

Originally posted by geeang View Post

nice car!
            i never knew these engines could idle so slowly
            k20A DC2R

Comment

Tony, could you elaborate on the engaging and disengaging issues with your clutch?

Did it slip if you had a light touch on the clutch, yet not disengage till right at the bottom of the clutch pedal travel? Were you sometimes (after driving hard) not able to get into gears at all unless forcing it REALLY hard?

I have this problem and am wondering if my symptoms are the same as yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzee View Post
                Tony, could you elaborate on the engaging and disengaging issues with your clutch?

Did it slip if you had a light touch on the clutch, yet not disengage till right at the bottom of the clutch pedal travel? Were you sometimes (after driving hard) not able to get into gears at all unless forcing it REALLY hard?

I have this problem and am wondering if my symptoms are the same as yours!
                it started randomly one afternoon, i was driving somewhere and all of a sudden the shifter was not realeasing from gear unless forced hard, and the clutch pedal wasnt putting the car fully in neutral when engaged.

After a few stiff shifts it loosened up a bit and almost went back to normal but was a bit clunky with 1st-2nd gear change. I left the car in the carpark for a few hours, came back & it drove perfectly all the way home.

Took it past a friends workshop the next day and we decided to check the master & slave cylinders first, we bled the lines and took it for a drive and it was driving like normal, drove for a few more days & shifter probs started happening again so i just decided to change the clutch, a few people told me it was most likely my pressure plate or bearing.

Done the work earlier this week & the car drives sweet, no stiff shifts at all between first & second (mostly due to Inserts), clutch engaging & disengaging just like a hot sexy night at home

Also prefer the stiffer pedal & pick up point of the exedy, can get some awesome take offs now

Comment

hey all, thinking of throwing esmm's on but the mixed reviews of rattling is really putting me off.

Any chance somebody with esmm's installed could upload a video of idling and with air con on?

Comment

if you have to ask, then yeah - you will hate it.
                    ... retired/

Comment

Prash has them.

Think of it this way, would you rather having the rattles and whatnot, or are you happy to replace an oem mount sooner then later/
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

maybe think about mugen mounts mate, if the budget extends that far that is, good blend of performance and comfort
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

so I threw on the esmm today.. and they're well worth it! Vibrations really aren't that bad, or at least worth it for solid engine feel. Alot more engine noise coming through into the cabin now though.

Comment

Working...
                          X