X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the point seems to be that the 5zigen is not even 'good'
    ... retired/

Comment

how does the gain of HKS Silent Hi Power compare with the mugen, FGK, Toda?
      Was thinkin of gettin either one of these...with performance gain as a priority...
      I guess there are many variables, but just wanted a rough idea so that i dont waste my $ on sh*t all gain...my car only has injen cai atm
      Last edited by Daft_Man; 13-01-10, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        None of those are what any reasonable person would describe as bang for buck. They are all 1k and above new and none of them are legendary for significant power gains.

A 2.5" or 3" custom straight pipe would most likely provide much better gains for less money, particularly if combined with other more significant power modifications like cams etc.
        Dont you have a big $$$ amuse exhaust system on your car?

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
          Dont you have a big $$$ amuse exhaust system on your car?
          Yep. And it certainly isn't bang for your buck, I doubt it frees up any more or less power than an average 60mm JDM cat back. It is however less than half the weight of any stainless exhaust so I guess that helps performance somewhat.

Comment

i've got a amuse as well and to be honest i cant feel any difference between it and the hks i had on earlier other than the amuse being louder

Comment

Originally posted by Daft_Man View Post
              how does the gain of HKS Silent Hi Power compare with the mugen, FGK, Toda?
              Was thinkin of gettin either one of these...with performance gain as a priority...
              I guess there are many variables, but just wanted a rough idea so that i dont waste my $ on sh*t all gain...my car only has injen cai atm
              It's NA man. You wont get any sort of good bang for buck gains.

Get coilovers instead. Makes your car feel much better.
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                None of those are what any reasonable person would describe as bang for buck. They are all 1k and above new and none of them are legendary for significant power gains.

A 2.5" or 3" custom straight pipe would most likely provide much better gains for less money, particularly if combined with other more significant power modifications like cams etc.
                LOL... & a straight pipe of any size is likley not what any reasonable person would want on their daily drive...

If you can afford to, just pick a cat back you like the sound of.
                If not see your local exhaust shop & have something made within a budget you can afford & save your money for the header.
                The header is critical & pays off a lot more than the cat back which regardless of brand is really only worth 4~5kw at best on a std car.
                TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                Official Australian Distributors
                Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Originally posted by TODA AU View Post
                  LOL... & a straight pipe of any size is likley not what any reasonable person would want on their daily drive...
                  I have driven about a bit open header before, it isn't that bad . Neighbours don't appreciate it so much though.

Comment

Working...
                  X