Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20 header

Hi Folks:

What do you think about this aftermarket header for K20?

---> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en

I know Toda and Mugen is the best, but a bit pricey. I want to get something affortable 4-2-1 header.
    Please give some input about this stuff....

Thanks

SL

Looks a bit dodge to me, I didnt think k swap headers & regular DC5 headers were the same, hence why they call them K swap headers.

Probably better of talking to JDM yard, they can hook you up with something locally & guaranteed to work.

Comment

there is a 2nd hand toda header for sale $1300
      Blaze Orange

Comment

Folks:

I just found it is exactly same stuff selling in CRSX online shop, check this out!
        --> http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/KID-K20H.html

Comment

pretty cheap and looks decent as well
          Blaze Orange

Comment

Yeah I'm using that KiddRacing header aswell. Price vs Perfromance it's very very impressive.

Search on CRSX there are lot of reviews on it.

Best part is, you don't even need to change your sway bar.

Comment

Originally posted by typeS View Post
              Yeah I'm using that KiddRacing header aswell. Price vs Perfromance it's very very impressive.

Search on CRSX there are lot of reviews on it.

Best part is, you don't even need to change your sway bar.
              Really? when did u start use it? Is that easy to hook up with JDM aftermarket exhurst system (no cut and weld?). What about oxgyen sensor, does it need extension?
              Please let me know above question if you can, I can see the build of quaility is not bad, but donno is that a good move to get this stuff.

Cheers

SL

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                there is a 2nd hand toda header for sale $1300
                Yes, i saw it, but I still prefer brand new rather than 2nd hand mate.
                Cheers

SL

Comment

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
                  Really? when did u start use it? Is that easy to hook up with JDM aftermarket exhurst system (no cut and weld?). What about oxgyen sensor, does it need extension?
                  Please let me know above question if you can, I can see the build of quaility is not bad, but donno is that a good move to get this stuff.

Cheers

SL
                  I got it a few months ago when it first came out.

Well it depends on what your doing. If your going to run no cat and just the test pipe, it's going to be straight bolt on.

If your going to remain legal, and replace it with a cat, then welding will be required. As for cutting it's going to depend on the size of the cat. I got lucky, and the size was perfect

As for the oxygen sensor, no extension is required, but I would get a defouler, to eliminate the CEL.

Well it's up to you, many people can't seem to read past the, cheap price tag. These are the same people who haven't tried it.

As for quality and design, a very knowledgeable fellow recommended by Tom (ievaq8) who did the work, was very impressed.

He stated it would make good power, and how right was he.

If your in Melbourne your welcome to check it out.

Comment

I got it a few months ago when it first came out.

Well it depends on what your doing. If your going to run no cat and just the test pipe, it's going to be straight bolt on.

If your going to remain legal, and replace it with a cat, then welding will be required. As for cutting it's going to depend on the size of the cat. I got lucky, and the size was perfect

As for the oxygen sensor, no extension is required, but I would get a defouler, to eliminate the CEL.

Well it's up to you, many people can't seem to read past the, cheap price tag. These are the same people who haven't tried it.

As for quality and design, a very knowledgeable fellow recommended by Tom (ievaq8) who did the work, was very impressed.

He stated it would make good power, and how right was he.

If your in Melbourne your welcome to check it out.
                    Thank you very much for your information mate. Too bad, I am not located in VIC, otherwise I will come over to check out your header.
                    Yes, it sounds a essential item in the "bang the bucks" list!! but I still not really understand that if I add a cat to this header, is that mean the test pipe is no longer useful for it (because I want to keep the JDM cat back system in original condition). Or the header + test pipe + cat still can keep the JDM cat back system in original condidtion?
                    Sorry for too many noob questions.

Thanks

SL

Comment

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
                      Thank you very much for your information mate. Too bad, I am not located in VIC, otherwise I will come over to check out your header.
                      Yes, it sounds a essential item in the "bang the bucks" list!! but I still not really understand that if I add a cat to this header, is that mean the test pipe is no longer useful for it (because I want to keep the JDM cat back system in original condition). Or the header + test pipe + cat still can keep the JDM cat back system in original condidtion?
                      Sorry for too many noob questions.

Thanks

SL
                      No worries

The CAT and the test pipe are interchangeable. A test pipe is used to replace, the CAT, in order to gain the most from the header, but obviously it’s illegal.

If I were you, I would weld a 2.5” metal cat onto the header. The length of this cat is similar to the test pipe, and will keep your JDM exhaust from being molested.

Comment

No worries

The CAT and the test pipe are interchangeable. A test pipe is used to replace, the CAT, in order to gain the most from the header, but obviously it’s illegal.

If I were you, I would weld a 2.5” metal cat onto the header. The length of this cat is similar to the test pipe, and will keep your JDM exhaust from being molested.
                        IC IC, thanks mate, I understand whats going on with this thing now.
                        I think i will get this b4 Xmas and try to get it done just after new year.

thanks again!!

Comment

Sorry quick question,i noticed the ebay item also included a merge collector,exactly what does that do? is that another word for the test pipe or cat?

Comment

Originally posted by Dkonect View Post
                            Sorry quick question,i noticed the ebay item also included a merge collector,exactly what does that do? is that another word for the test pipe or cat?
                            the merge collector is the part at the end of the header where the primaries "merge" into the 2.5'' flange, hence merge collector.

bump for this header, had it for 4 months now and love it.

Comment

Working...
                            X