Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chassis brace bolts

Hi guys,

i was fiddling around in the engine bay tidying stuff up, and in the process did something silly.

I over-tightened one of the nuts on the front chassis brace and snapped the bolt. Bugger! So i thought i'd just get some new bolts & nuts and replace all 4...

Problem is, i cant seem to remove the bolts from under the suspension tower... it doesnt fall out even after removing the nut, it just stays there.

Thought maybe it was just stuck, so i gave it a few gentle knocks with a mallet, didnt budge. frustrated...

any ideas guys?

its a dc2r btw.

thanks.
    Quentin

Yeah, they are welded in from the bottom. They are easy to break, a friend had the same thing happen. Bloody buggers... lol
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      Yeah, they are welded in from the bottom. They are easy to break, a friend had the same thing happen. Bloody buggers... lol
      fark.

thanks freaky, that explains... how did your friend go about fixing it?

Comment

if you're planning to get a strut brace, don't bother repairing it

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
          if you're planning to get a strut brace, don't bother repairing it
          its a good excuse for me to get a 3 point strut brace... but i'd still like to know what my options are in terms of repairing it? drill the old bolt out?

just that i romanticize being able to bring it back to original factory spec one day...

Comment

Working...
          X