mods for my dc2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mods for my dc2R

i want to put a cold air intake and extractors on my dc2R, so i called up liverpool exhaust and they quoted me, 450 for the cold air, 350 for the extractors or 1450 for cold air, extractors fullway exhaust and high flow cat back... not sure what brands they are using though.. should i go ahead or go somewhere else? do the brands make a difference? please tell me what you think..

yeah brands make a bit of a difference,

especially with the extractor...

find out and let us know... for that price, i expect maybe X-Force brand extractor?
    ... retired/

Comment

yes, brands do make a difference.

i've seem liverpool exhausts use the brand 'hurricane'
      never heard anything about them though..
      i've read that the x-force header provides fair gains for a modifier on a budget.

Comment

btw - you can get an Injen CAI for less than that from the USA...
        ... retired/

Comment

$1450 for I/H/E???

I dropped $3000 on a street setup Fujitsubo PGK, Toda headers and Injen CAI. Race setup was more again. In my experience, going the tightass route with little rep parts can only end in disappointment.

Comment

id go to livo exhaust for a cat back for any other car but honda...few ppl will back me up when i say there setup is near perfect from factory...so gettin any power gain is hard unless u use decent stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
              few ppl will back me up when i say there setup is near perfect from factory...
              huh? you even posted in the thread that talks about how restricted the AUDM setup actually is from factory???

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=7330

it is far from perfect for performance - it might be 'perfect' from an emissions and noise perspective... but i doubt the OP is concerned about that?

but yes, power gains will be higher by using better quality parts - the KEY is "combination"...

matching ID's and stuff to FLOW from one component to the other...
              ... retired/

Comment

It really depends what you want? If you want noise... then just go for the cheap stuff.
                If you worried about every single bit of usable power/torque, then go with brand stuff, especially the headers. Xforce stuff isn't too bad, but from what I have seen it doesn't seal well at all where the header meets the Engine block. If my car was just a street car, i'd be using cheap shit.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

You guys pay too much for overpriced JDM brand products. If you want the best for bang performance, Tri-Y headers (USA), High flow cat with a custom 2.5inch system.
                  For CAI, get Haks @ Performance Exhaust to make the Long ram intake and get one of those Blox Velocity Stack Air Filter Combo's.

After your bolt on mods, get Crome or hondata and tune it (best mod for a dc2r)
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                  STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

what about JDM 4-1 they are pretty good value for money, with decent gains.

Comment

also dont be afraid to take advantage of the good australian dollar atm!
                      shop overseas!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        huh? you even posted in the thread that talks about how restricted the AUDM setup actually is from factory???

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=7330

it is far from perfect for performance - it might be 'perfect' from an emissions and noise perspective... but i doubt the OP is concerned about that?

but yes, power gains will be higher by using better quality parts - the KEY is "combination"...

matching ID's and stuff to FLOW from one component to the other...
                        sorry i was meaning the cat back! the headers from factory are pea shooters....that better tink ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                          sorry i was meaning the cat back! the headers from factory are pea shooters....that better tink ? lol
                          hmmm, could be better - see picture 5 in the other thread - tell me that is not something that needs to be rectified on the OEM cat back to achieve max power...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            hmmm, could be better - see picture 5 in the other thread - tell me that is not something that needs to be rectified on the OEM cat back to achieve max power...
                            i seee press bent and step down by looks of it mandral ftw!

Comment

the 450 ud spend on jdm 4-2-1 headers or 350 on xforce you can get a good 2nd hand header... eg tri Y replica or 5zigen!! **knows sumbody who has a set for sale** haha..
                              but seriously... go injen cai... and a decent brand name 2nd hand exhaust at least..

the only people who go to livo exhaust for parts are PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ANY BETTER
                              Seriously..

Comment

Working...
                              X