[DC5R] Fuel Rail + Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    forums are good places to seek the input, opinions and experiences from a very wide variety of people
    deff ! i got heaps of hints an tips from this forum...not to mention heaps of parts to get me out of trouble....id say a forum is a better place then anywhere else...

Comment

btw - if you MUST get new injectors, these are the ones you want:

... retired/

Comment

Yeah forums do help a bit I reakon, but there are so many biased opinions. IMO, play around yourself and make your own judgements. I for one gave my car more fuel, and it got so much more torque and is quite a bit faster than my last tune, and really jumped out of corners better than a leaner tune. Anyways, each to their own.

Do RC make injectors for K20A?

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
          Yeah forums do help a bit I reakon, but there are so many biased opinions. IMO, play around yourself and make your own judgements. I for one gave my car more fuel, and it got so much more torque and is quite a bit faster than my last tune, and really jumped out of corners better than a leaner tune. Anyways, each to their own.

Do RC make injectors for K20A?
          Riki that doesnt make any sense at all. How can running richer make it faster? Unless your car was running dangerously lean then richening it up will help that.

I agree with Tinks, if you need injectors go for injector dynamics. Proven to make extra hp.

We run 1000cc injector dynamics on the b20. People think we crazy but it works great as seen by a few people.
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
            Yeah forums do help a bit I reakon, but there are so many biased opinions.
            there are no biased opinions in this thread?

objective opinions is all i see...

your opinion is perhaps 'biased' as you are saying a rich tune felt better in your car? so therefore 'more fuel' is best for everyone...?

a proper tune on a programmable ECU is all the OP needs, as posted above from HONDATA - the stock injectors are good for 250hp+ with programmable ECU...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
              Riki that doesnt make any sense at all. How can running richer make it faster? Unless your car was running dangerously lean then richening it up will help that.
              exactly, if that was the experience, then that was his experience - but this is very biased, as he went from an "abnormal" situation to a "normal" situation...

AFR for NA tuned cars should be around 12.5-13:1

any higher and you risk damage, any lower and you lose power...

injectors should be changed to ensure AFR can be maintained in this range at high RPM with suitable duty cycle - such as below 90%

alternatively, system fuel pressure can be raised with similar outcomes...
              ... retired/

Comment

Isnt the a mod you can do to the stock k20a injectors to make em flow more? I remembering reading about this.
                Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

yup, you can cut off the end and remove the screen.
                  The spray pattern will be wacked out though, but it will flow better

Comment

I just bought a set of the Injector Dynamics 1000cc. They do them for K series, are reasonably priced and everyone recommends them. They're the new Bosch injector.

The only reason for upgrading to a larger injector would be if you were getting 80% or more injector duty cycle at WOT and you're not getting the fuel or control to maintain the AFR you require at a particular engine speed and load point.

If the stock injectors acheive the required and optimum AFR across the tune then larger injectors won't do anything but deliver the same result - end of story. There is nothing biased about that. Also don't waste money on a fuel rail or regulator, the stock items are fine, just upgrade the pump and injectors when required.
                    Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
                    In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

cant u just get a adjustable fuel pressure reg so it pushes more fuel out when the injectors are open ? what CC are standard injecters on the B motor ?

Comment

240cc for b series motor. Adjustable fuel pressure is cheating yourself.
                        Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                          cant u just get a adjustable fuel pressure reg so it pushes more fuel out when the injectors are open ? what CC are standard injecters on the B motor ?
                          as above, all are 240cc...

the b16a runs at 38psi and the B18Cr runs at 45psi static...
                          ... retired/

Comment

bit off topic, but whats a good cost effective upgrade for b18cr injectorts? is the H22a injectors suitable?

Comment

RB26DETT 440cc injectors. I have a set on mine at the moment. They were given to me and I only spent around $50 each getting them flowed/tested and changing the connectors over. Perfect cost effective solution for an all motor B18 running on 98 pump fuel. The only reason I'm upgrading is that they're not quite enough for a built 2L on E85.
                              Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
                              In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

The ID1000 is what we run in the DC5R and will be installing a P2R fuel rail shortly. 1000CC is probably a bit of overkill, but it was already maxing out a set of STD K20 injectors which had been modified to flow more.

Comment

Working...
                                X