Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Height of Tein SS coilover on DC5R

Hi Folks:

Is anyone have Tein SS coilover on your DC5? Just wondering can i get some detail about it from you? I want to know how low is your R or S at the moment (from center of the wheel to the edge of the wheel fender for front & rear) and how much thread left on the damper?)

I just have Tein SS coilover installed on my Type-R recently, front pair looks alright, but the rear cannot lower it more than 345mm further because the threads just run out, but the instruction booklet shows you can obtain 340mm at the rear if you adjust the lower ring with 20mm gap to the weld line. My case seems far different to their standard. Actually, I am not fussy about just 5mm different, but the threads run out but still cannot reach their reference height is quite worry me.

Is anything wrong with my coilover or rear springs? could anyone give me any idea?

Many Thanks

SL

I don't think you need to be worried about anything. Are these coilovers brand new? How long have they been on your car for? They might need a bit of time to settle in.
    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
    sigpic
    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
      I don't think you need to be worried about anything. Are these coilovers brand new? How long have they been on your car for? They might need a bit of time to settle in.
      Yes, they are brand new.
      Is that mean i need to do the wheel alignment again later? also how long they take to settle in approx?
      Thanks for you input!

Comment

Takes about a week to settle, you should do the wheel alignment in about a weeks time and not straight after you have installed them.

And I don't quite understand the problem. I've got Tein SS as well.
        Mugen|Tein|BuddyClub|Cusco|Rays

Comment

Originally posted by akina View Post
          Takes about a week to settle, you should do the wheel alignment in about a weeks time and not straight after you have installed them.

And I don't quite understand the problem. I've got Tein SS as well.
          The problem is the bottom ring (lock ring) already seat at the lowest thread, but the rear height still about 345mm from center of wheel to edge of fender, but the reference from the instruction booklet shows it can low as 340mm with 20mm gap btw the bottom ring to the weld joint...hope you can get it here.

Comment

i just fitted SS on my EP3.

it seems the rear takes a lot longer to settle than the front.

Comment

That's to be expected with a 61F/39R weight balance.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                That's to be expected with a 61F/39R weight balance.
                yeah true, also rear springs are stiffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                  yeah true, also rear springs are stiffer.
                  But the rear motion ratio is nearly half the front .

Didn't read all the posts but if it still isn't the height you want after settling then take out one of the collars . Super ghetto but I would do it.

Keep in mind that lowering Tein SS as far as they will go is pretty much assuring that you will get the worst performance possible out of them.

Comment

thank you very much for all yours info and opinion, I will wait 2 more weeks and see how are they going.
                    By the way, the height of car it obtain is exactly what I want, not too low and high, but the threads run out issue just worry me about is my coilover ok or not.
                    Cheers

SL

Comment

on the lowest setting for the front.. and around 1 finger gap..
                      1 finger gap at the back too.. with quite a fair bit of thread left..

ps: dc5s

Comment

Originally posted by iversonruls View Post
                        on the lowest setting for the front.. and around 1 finger gap..
                        1 finger gap at the back too.. with quite a fair bit of thread left..

ps: dc5s
                        Thanks mate, good reference.

Comment

guys, im thinknigabout getting the tein ss coilovers for my dc5s... are they pretty good? also where is the best palce to get them brand new?

and do i need anything else besides a rear camber kit?
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

depends if you go lower than 2 inch u might need tie end rods
                            Blaze Orange

Comment

not sure so far - bvasically i want the siignifcantly lower the gap between my tyre and the fender!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X