innovative engine mount install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

innovative engine mount install

need a place to get innovative mounts installed on my type s in nsw, anyone had them done and reccomend where they were installed. need them done asap, how much am i looking to pay? Advice much appreciated

top one at arncliffe

Comment

DIY, its not too difficult, Just a few basic hand tools and jack stands.

If you do it yourself, you'll learn more about your car too.

Comment

Nah T1 doesn't like installing innovative engine mounts, they'll charge you around +$400!!!

Go Bel Garage or something, around $250.
        Mugen|Tein|BuddyClub|Cusco|Rays

Comment

Originally posted by akina View Post
          Nah T1 doesn't like installing innovative engine mounts, they'll charge you around +$400!!!

Go Bel Garage or something, around $250.
          wow thats not real cheap, i got a quote of 135 from the guy who installed my coilovers. even better nepolian is gonna give me a hand tomorrow for a bit of cash and some coronas ill put up some pics and some first impressions when i take it for a spin tomorrow.

Comment

Never said it was cheap, after all they are a workshop which they need to make a living from.

Nothing beats the price of DIY. But some people like me which has no idea on cars, except driving it.
            Mugen|Tein|BuddyClub|Cusco|Rays

Comment

so i got the mounts installed yesterday, the car is completely different haha. the biggest difference you feel is how tight the cart feels and how smooth and tight the shifts feel. it is quite noisy straight after install but they will settle in a little bit, car feels like a beast now .

big thanks to nepolian who helped me out with the install, top guy.

Comment

Ive had these monuts on for 2 weeks now and im having a bit of a problem with the passenger or rear mount. at 1.2k rpm theres a grinding noise coming from the rear mount area, i know this is a problem with the early model innovative mounts but i am also having this problem with my new ones. has anyone rectified this?
                i understand its a clearance issue so yeh any help is appreciated

Comment

Are they billet?
                  If so checkie here.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...r+grind&page=5
                  Last edited by T-BaGGeR; 08-11-09, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                    Are they billet?
                    If so checkie here.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...r+grind&page=5
                    yeh they are billets, i didnt really see sending the rear mount back to california as an option though lol.

Comment

well, if you bought them from a local dealer, get them to sort out that logistical stuff for you. Thats why you pay a higher price locally in case of waranties and problems

If you do a bit more research you will find that they have made a few revisions on the mounts and if its the same problem that you are having as the CRSX guys. You have the old mounts before they fixed it. (The mounts have to be pretty old though)

Comment

Hey mate.. is that problem resolved u had on the passenger/rear mount?\

I take it, u seen my post on clubRSX?
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

haha hey man, yeh it was a loose heat shield, the little one that sits on top of the axel, tightened it up and all sweet. if i knew you were after mounts i would have shown you at jdmyard.

Comment

Aaaah ok.. yeah all us type s guys should have a giant orgy...... nah jokes.. should meet up n shit u know.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Lawl! yeh there hasnt been an evebt in NSW since the annual bbq at the start of the year, we should get a toda dyno day organised!

Comment

Working...
                              X