DC2R Hard To Get Into Each Gear On Decel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Hard To Get Into Each Gear On Decel

ever since i changed my clutch my cars been really stubborn to get into gear on decel...from 4th to 3rd and then from 3rd to 2nd is really hard it even sometimes crunches...but if i blip the throttle it goes in like a glove! im thinkin honda have supplied me the wrong oil trans oil...is vtir gear box oil and type r gear oil different viscosity ? they gave me MTF 06 Manual Trans Fluid SAE 75W-80 API GL4 and help would be great! i dont think its syncroes becaue it upshifts without a problem...its almost as if the oil aint assisting in slowin the gears down for meshing

as far as i know, all manual honda transmissions use MTF06, and so does my dc2r

might be air in the clutch line... bleed it properly and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
      as far as i know, all manual honda transmissions use MTF06, and so does my dc2r

might be air in the clutch line... bleed it properly and see if that helps.
      hmmm i did change the slave cyl the other day..but i did proper flush and if there were air in system wouldn the clucth grab lower to the floor
      Last edited by DC2RKID; 27-10-09, 08:56 PM.

Comment

if there was air in the line, then when you depressed the clutch, the clutch would not be fully disengaged, making it hard to downshift without rev matching.

anyway, bleeding it is the cheapest n easiest way to troubleshoot before u start thinking of worse possibilities...

GL.

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
          if there was air in the line, then when you depressed the clutch, the clutch would not be fully disengaged, making it hard to downshift without rev matching.

anyway, bleeding it is the cheapest n easiest way to troubleshoot before u start thinking of worse possibilities...

GL.
          bled it up no air at all...put nulon G70 gearbox treatment in ( i swear by this stuff) no diff...my gearbox is a bit noisey so i startin to think maybe the bearings are warn and the gearset chattering around...someone recommended shock proof oil or somethin ?

Comment

Working...
          X