No announcement yet.

Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No amount of height adjustment will affect the rate of a spring. However if you have coilovers that use 2 sets of collars (one for the spring seat and another for the ride height) the spring seat collars can be wound up so far that they compress the spring even with the car on the ground. This will make the car ride like arse and give the illusion of more spring rate and is a very bad thing to do.

Judging from the pictures of those Tanabe coilovers they don't have a full threaded body and only have one set of collars to adjust the ride height. This means that adjusting the height will alter the amount of available damper stroke in compression and droop.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, plenty of very good race dampers are used in this configuration with no issues. It simply means you can't independently adjust how much compression and how much droop travel you have.

Any decent amount of lowering looks a little average on stock wheels in my very valuable opinion, simply because they will be sunk as hell.

Originally posted by anthony38x View Post
    I found Teins Monoflex at a decent price. It includes Pillow ball upper mounts that allow to adjust of camber. Does that mean I would not need a rear upper arms ?

http://www.nengun.com/tein/mono-flex
    The upper mounts only adjust front camber, so if you wished to adjust the rear camber you would still need some adjustable rear upper control arms.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony38x View Post
      Had a look at the following website: http://jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?o...=detail&cid=41
      The spring rates are 8 for the front and the rear is 10.

I was under the impression, coilover that are adjustable in height would change the spring rates?

I am having trouble these figures, well at least I think so anyways!
      [F] -31mm ~ -53mm / 8k
      [R] -3mm ~ -55mm / 10k

Does that mean the height is adjustable between 3cm to 5cm? I would have to wait for a little while long to get some cash money to get aftermarkets wheel/rims.

How much drop would look good on the stock wheels/rims?
      -31mm means that once you installed the coilover. it is automatically drop to 31mm from standard height. that will be your new lower setting and you can lowered it further to 53mm max.

thats how to read it.

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
      A/C Name: JDM Concept
      A/C BSB: 032157
      A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

i have a set of super streets with an edfc for sale if ur interested check my thread..

Comment

can anyone else shed some more info on Tien SS? any reviews? thanks
          Blaze Orange

Comment

kW's are awesome!!! Varient 3's!! hahaha. Nah, varient 2 are enough.

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
              can anyone else shed some more info on Tien SS? any reviews? thanks
              http://www.epinions.com/review/Tein_...t_418477805188

here s a great detail review on Tein SS-P (the only difference SS-P & SS is: SS-P come with uppon pillar ball mount, and SS do not have it..)

i hope that s will help some

BTW: KW V3 is awesome, +1 support!
              Project: DC5R>>S2000>>NSX

Comment

Working...
              X