Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers

hey dudes...

120k later I convinced my shocks on my bone stock DC5R are on the way out, just don't handle the way it use too.

I've decided to bite the bullet and get myself a decent set of coilovers. After some reading the more popular brands set are Buddyclub N+, Teins Flex, Tein Monoflex and tanbe sus Pro seven. I am leaning towards Tein Monoflex and possibly Tanabe as I have read they are pretty good for the streets. I've ruled out Buddyclub as I've heard sometime down the track they become noisy and as for the flex's they are no longer produced.

What do you guys suggest? the monoflex are highly recommended but does anyone know how Tanabe are?

I am aware that once installed I would have to get a alignment done, but is there anything I have to consider? Any other parts I need to get if I primarily after approximately 1.5" drop both front and rear?

Approximately how much should I set aside to get them installed?

I greatly appreciate the input, I can't wait to experience the coilovers everyone are raving about!?!?
    Last edited by anthony38x; 22-10-09, 08:58 PM.

What is your budget??

Comment

ie look at zeal, toda, tein ss etc ...

Comment

My budget ranges from $1700 to $2300. Should be amount to get my self a decent set.

Comment

defiantly take a look at toda fightex. They have a good range and Adrian at Toda provides awesome support for everything!

Tiens also have awesome support through fulcrum suspension and have a decent range.
          skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Just found Tein monoflex is out of my budget! Argh

thanks mattyd , going to find out more info on the toda ones

Comment

With your budget I would be looking at KW and Progress coilovers, both of which can be had via the US, and any of the lower end JDM coilovers. Try to look for something that you will get warranty support on, and failing that aim for something that has a good record for reliability. For the ride height you are aiming for rates of around 6-8kg/mm front and 10-12kg/mm rear will give a good balance between comfort and control.

In terms of additional parts you might wish to get adjustable rear upper arms to reduce the rear camber a little, and if the coilovers you opt for don't have front camber adjustability then some camber bolts to get a bit more negative camber might be wise.

Comment

tein flex, are they considered a lower end JDM Coilover?

Comment

tein flex are not "low end"

they are just old model...
                  ... retired/

Comment

I found Teins Monoflex at a decent price. It includes Pillow ball upper mounts that allow to adjust of camber. Does that mean I would not need a rear upper arms ?

http://www.nengun.com/tein/mono-flex

Comment

Tanabe? That's what I'm using on my car.

Clicky

Comment

found this on ebay - been there for a while bought a set for my dc2r couple of months ago.

TEIN HA Honda DC5 Integra Type R Suspension SPECIAL
                        Item condition: --
                        Time left: 24m 42s (26 Oct, 200917:06:40 AEDST)
                        Price: AU $1,650.00 Buy It Now

Seller info
                        access_online ( 2422) 99.6%
                        Ask a question
                        See other items
                        Visit store: Access Autoworks
                        Last edited by KEVSY; 26-10-09, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Monty I've seen your build thread...ahah I think my car usage a lot different from your's

How about Teins SS...atm I considering price vs performance. 99%of the time would be for street. When the my vehicle's suspension was in good nick I was fairly happy with the handling so I would like something similar and if better.

Would anyone know the spring rates for a stock DC5R?

Comment

Originally posted by anthony38x View Post
                            Monty I've seen your build thread...ahah I think my car usage a lot different from your's

How about Teins SS...atm I considering price vs performance. 99%of the time would be for street. When the my vehicle's suspension was in good nick I was fairly happy with the handling so I would like something similar and if better.

Would anyone know the spring rates for a stock DC5R?
                            I'm using the Seven. Tanabe make a street / track coilover called the Five. From memory the spring rates are 7/10.

Comment

Had a look at the following website: http://jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?o...=detail&cid=41
                              The spring rates are 8 for the front and the rear is 10.

I was under the impression, coilover that are adjustable in height would change the spring rates?

I am having trouble these figures, well at least I think so anyways!
                              [F] -31mm ~ -53mm / 8k
                              [R] -3mm ~ -55mm / 10k

Does that mean the height is adjustable between 3cm to 5cm? I would have to wait for a little while long to get some cash money to get aftermarkets wheel/rims.

How much drop would look good on the stock wheels/rims?
                              Last edited by anthony38x; 26-10-09, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X