Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Header Issue

Hi all.
    I recently got some buddyclub headers installed, partnering up with a FGK catback. Unfortuneately, now the exhaust sits about an inch or more lower than orginal..resulting in scrapage. I was just wondering wether anyone else has had such issues and how they have dealt with it.

Also, whilst i am happy with top-end gains from the headers, i've been left somewhat disappoited through bottem and mid-range. I was under the impression that i would see noticeable gains right through...however this has not been the case. Since they've been installed...a noticable hissing sound is evident...more so than normal..(injen)...but i have read that this can be found regularly with installation of aftermarket headers. Whats the surest way of knowing there is no leakage?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Stinger View Post
    Hi all.
    I recently got some buddyclub headers installed, partnering up with a FGK catback. Unfortuneately, now the exhaust sits about an inch or more lower than orginal..resulting in scrapage. I was just wondering wether anyone else has had such issues and how they have dealt with it.

Also, whilst i am happy with top-end gains from the headers, i've been left somewhat disappoited through bottem and mid-range. I was under the impression that i would see noticeable gains right through...however this has not been the case. Since they've been installed...a noticable hissing sound is evident...more so than normal..(injen)...but i have read that this can be found regularly with installation of aftermarket headers. Whats the surest way of knowing there is no leakage?

Thanks in advance.
    yeh seems like all the aftermarket exhauts hang a little low.
    If you want to check for leaks, just put your hand around all the joins and feel if air is coming out.
    If you can't get your hands around the joins, cut off a piece of hose and move it around the join and put the other end of the hose to your ear, you should be able to hear if there are any leaks.

Comment

did you get the car dyno'd before and after? or but dyno?
      a couple of my mates have put an after market header on there car's and they all have that hiss sound as well... i assume its normal?
      k20A DC2R

Comment

The hissing is normal for aftermarket headers. The standard cast manifold muffles the exhaust port noise somewhat. Just out of interest, how are you measuring the gains? Last time I checked my bum dyno wasn't too acurate at gauging 10kW gains.

The exhaust hanging is a side effect from the shape of nearly all aftermarket headers too for DC5.

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. I havent had the car dyno'd. I just thought i'd feel it through driving from what i've read before.

Is there anything that can be done in terms of the exhaust hanging low with aftermarket headers...or is it something we just deal with. Apart from raising the car ofcourse.

Comment

maybe the hissing sound is the result of a leak which equals to loss in power?
            Blaze Orange

Comment

Hissing at high RPM's is normal, it's just the noise of the extra air flowing out of the headers.

Any exhaust shop can fix the exhaust hanging problem, if your prepared to cut your exhaust.

Only sure way to check for leaks, is to put seafoam in your car, then observe your complete exhaust system, for any smoke leaking out.

Comment

this may sound stupid but soapy water is how we check for gas leaks in our lpg pipework, and from what iv'e read about the buddyclub header it is very normal to have that hissing sound
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
                X