Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Engine Temp

Hi guys

Just wondering with regards to the engine temp on the DC2R....

Mine usually sits one bar below the the big thick one in the centre which I'm told is normal... But lately, I've been noticing that the needle sometimes goes down another bar (ie 2 bars below centre) and then goes back and forth even though I've been driving for a while (1/2 an hour or so....)

Honda says it's normal but I'm not sure.....

Do any of you guys have any ideas what/or if there is any problem?

depends on ur driving style, and the air temps hat is hitting ur radiator......it sounds about right...
    my sale thread 21.01.12
    CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by jorbita View Post
      Honda says it's normal but I'm not sure.....
      Not meaning to be a prick here but, Honda did make these cars.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

if the needles moving around and it didn't used to it could be that your thermostat is starting to seize... pretty cheap fix

Comment

Originally posted by jorbita View Post
          Do any of you guys have any ideas what/or if there is any problem?
          might be time for a new thermostat...

around $50 for a new one...
          ... retired/

Comment

Yep, agree. If you see its running cooler than normal and/or taking longer to warm up, its probably your thermostat stuck open.
            Deano.

Comment

my cars temp reads the same as yours, ussualy 1 bar below center.. sometimes 1.5 below.. depends.. if its a cool night and im just cruising around thats ussualy the case.. if im sitting in peak hour traffic it ussualy sits pretty much over the top of the bar below the middle..

i have a mugen thermostat/fan switch aswell btw.. hope it helps

Comment

I got that issue.

Mine used to sit one bar below half.

Mine now dips near C when driving in cold weather. The termo is gone, cheap fix.
                David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                  Not meaning to be a prick here but, Honda did make these cars.
                  There is a difference between "Honda" as in the manufacturer and some dealership twit standing behind a service desk with only basic general knowledge of the vehicles he is talking about.

Anyone who has owned one of these cars can tell you that a fluctuating temperature gauge is a sign of a stuffed thermostat, and is certainly not "normal".
                  | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Before reading this thread, I thought mine was normal...

At night when its usually cold outside, my needle sits on the about the second line from the left (yes next to cold), but during the day when its warm outside, it sits one line left of the middle. I always thought this was normal as it showed the temperature of the air hitting the radiator... Are you guys saying this is not "normal" and I need a new thermo as well?

Comment

Yes, a thermostat controls the lower end of 'normal opperating temperature' ie. It will start to close if the temp is getting too low.
                      Deano.

Comment

mines sits nice and cold most of the time and i can't really vtec until it moves out of that range, or i allow ample warm up in the driveway.

Comment

your thermostat is most likley to be open, causing the car to always be warming up/ or run rich

Comment

that is right xQuizit,

it will improve fuel economy by a long way if you replace a thermostat is not functioning correctly...

replacing the thermostat is, in my opinion, is a normal part of servicing...
                            ... retired/

Comment

deff the thermostat id change it asap...cause u dont want it ceasing up and not opening at all

Comment

Working...
                              X