hid intsallation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hid intsallation??

hey does anyone have any DIY link on hid installation on a dc5 type s ...

i have one regarding taking of the whole front bumper however some suggest that is a bad way to go about/?

any suggestions thank-you

Just put my second set of HIDs in earlier tonight (6000K this time, i had 8000K last time).

1. Taking the front bar off is very easy
    2. It would be a bitch if you didnt take it off

Click here for more info: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111497

DIY here: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=144
    Last edited by [Type_S]; 14-10-09, 10:42 PM.

Comment

yeah u gotta take apart the bumper and headlight... man on the talk of hid's.. my driver's side lgiht doenst turn on sometimes.. usually a quick off and back on n both are on.. if not i jsut wiggle the wires in the engine bay n its all good.. but tis starting 2 get annoying, as i paid for mu secret ones instead of this 2 dollah ebay shit.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        yeah u gotta take apart the bumper and headlight... man on the talk of hid's.. my driver's side lgiht doenst turn on sometimes.. usually a quick off and back on n both are on.. if not i jsut wiggle the wires in the engine bay n its all good.. but tis starting 2 get annoying, as i paid for mu secret ones instead of this 2 dollah ebay shit.
        Wires may be abit loose? Check out where you plug the positive and negative wires from the HID to the standard plug, could be something simple like that....

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
          Just put my second set of HIDs in earlier tonight (6000K this time, i had 8000K last time).

1. Taking the front bar off is very easy
          2. It would be a bitch if you didnt take it off

Click here for more info: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111497

DIY here: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=144

okay so i guess i have no other option but to remove the front bumper...

did you place the box underneath where it shows on the DIY... and regarding the fist link with clips? are those necessary where can i purchase those?

how long did it take you... im new to this so it would probably take double time than yours haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Josh DC5s View Post
            okay so i guess i have no other option but to remove the front bumper...

did you place the box underneath where it shows on the DIY... and regarding the fist link with clips? are those necessary where can i purchase those?

how long did it take you... im new to this so it would probably take double time than yours haha...
            Yeah I placed the ballast underneath where it shows on the DIY. the clips would be better, but im not sure where you can purchase them..

First time it took me about 30mins but 2nd time i knew where all the screws and clips were so it was done in about 15mins..

If you dont want to install yourself places like 999 at coopers plains, beadesert rd will install them for about $100.

Comment

Yeah I placed the ballast underneath where it shows on the DIY. the clips would be better, but im not sure where you can purchase them..

First time it took me about 30mins but 2nd time i knew where all the screws and clips were so it was done in about 15mins..

If you dont want to install yourself places like 999 at coopers plains, beadesert rd will install them for about $100.
              cool.. yer man i went down there the other day to get quotes for an exhaust and some extractors... i dunno i might just attempt and do it myself would be good fun to... dunno about my cai i might get them to do that haha considering injen or gruppeM

Comment

Originally posted by Josh DC5s View Post
                cool.. yer man i went down there the other day to get quotes for an exhaust and some extractors... i dunno i might just attempt and do it myself would be good fun to... dunno about my cai i might get them to do that haha considering injen or gruppeM
                Ah yeah sweet. Yeah i bought the INJEN CAI last week, will be installing on the w/e

Comment

Ah yeah sweet. Yeah i bought the INJEN CAI last week, will be installing on the w/e
                  niceeee. . let me know how it all goes

Comment

pm illuzi0nz .....he just got his injen installed a week ago
                    Last edited by se7en; 17-10-09, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                      pm illuzi0nz .....he just got his injen installed a week ago
                      cheers... yer im borderline between injen or save up and get gruppeM hmm

Comment

they are both good intakes............all depends how you wanna spend you money :P

my first mod was injen, I loved it!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X