Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic fuel/air pooter

Hey all....

X-mas is coming up... and the GF is having problems with thinking what to get me. She was looking through an AutoSalon mag, and saw the Apexi SAFC Neo. She then asked what it was and what it did. I said it was a little computer that you can change the fuel/air ratio, and it also shows a few other things. Then when I told her it was about $500, she said, “sweet, sounds like a good x-mas pressie.” So I am in a dilemma.

1) is it worth getting one, or simular, as I only have plans for intake and zorst, and don't wanna deal with a certain someone that works for a particular company that sells hondata.

2) WTF am I going to get her for $500

thanks all

P.S. I’m also after it for rice factor

Robi
    Last edited by 45SET; 16-10-06, 07:40 PM.

ha ha ha @ your second problem!

first *problem* is easy - yes! it will work, and will provide gains, as long as it is tuned on a dyno...

not sure if it does VTC though???
    ... retired/

Comment

PLUS - the bonus is it is close to 9/10 for 'riceyness'
      ... retired/

Comment

yeah thats why i was looking into the SAFC Neo, as it also has the VAFC aswell.... and its got a COLOR screen (ZOMG)

dyno tune should be cool

Comment

I think it will work with vtc as it is the newest safc from apexi

I think for $500 , you might as well get something better.

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
            I think it will work with vtc as it is the newest safc from apexi

I think for $500 , you might as well get something better.
            such as?? i/she needs ideas

Comment

can this please turn into a 'what the f*ck am i gunna get the missus for x-mas' thread? lol jks
              ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

hey, not a bad idea!!! come one guys, lets all brain storm, if we all put our heads to together maybe we can think of one great present for our missus.. haha

on a more serious note, if u were thinking of any cons about the Neo, let her no that its gotta be tuned (altho not essential but super highly recommended), which will cost more money.

Or can also get a the injen cai for $500 if u don't already have an aftermarket intake

Comment

aftermarket intake is done (gheybo K&N SRI, i'll be making up a sheild and stuff before summer). i also have headers, and zorst'll come later.

Comment

to be honest - it is a great present 'cause she will be able to see/watch it in action, and feel like she has contributed to your car...

corny, but cute
                    ... retired/

Comment

alright... Apexi SAFC neo for me... woot

Comment

I would be happy with $500 worth of tool but i guess its not every ones wish.

if your after a cheap a/f meter any one then Dick Smith has a kit thats aparently pretty acurate and its $70
                        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Honestly, don't ask for "car parts". Get shoes, wallet, or even watch.

You can always ask holiday trip from her for christmas :P

Comment

I asked my gf for a 200A MIG welder... Got in trouble - said no more car related products ;(...
                            hahaahah

for $500.. get some HID or some perofrmance part.. erheheh...

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

I would get her to put 500$ towards an exhaust or k-pro, who is going to tune the SAFC for you???
                              NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Working...
                              X