DC2R Gearbox Removal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Gearbox Removal...

ey guys screwed my pressure plate last night ..so now the fun part of changing it..times guide says 6.5 hours r&r. is there any hints i need to get the box out easier..becaue it doesnt look that hard..6.5 hours seems a long time to do it

if you have the tools and a couple sets of extra hands you can probably pull it off in half the time if you've never done it before
    it's just tedious to do

Comment

I have observed and lent a hand in a couple of DC2 gearbox swaps and I don't remember it taking anywhere near that long. As vinnY says with a couple of mates and the right tools you should be able to get it done in much less time.

Hopefully Shin78 or Wlee2 will chime in because they are the fools I know with DC2s that have done this a couple of times.

Comment

took about 2.5-3 hours last time I got my clutch done,
        CARSFORHOPE

Comment

6.5 hrs is just a guide.. the more important thing is how much per hour.. for a panel shop, insurance company will only pay 23/hr for R & R...

Comment

i aint payin any labour cause im doin it at my work in my time....i had a look under it and it looks like a peice of piss...would it make it easier to get out with subframe out ?? also looks like the only hard bit to get to is the rear mount...anyone recommend a decent clutch for under a grand ?

Comment

You dont need to take subframe out. If your worreid go thru the honda manual it shows step by step to remove and replace gearbox.

Rear mount is easy. Only the 2x 19mm bolt will need to be taken off. You dont need to remove the bracket itself out.

Clutch- For street just get a stadnard replacement from exedy or there sport organic ones.
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Built. Tuned. Driven
              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

got quoted $450 for an exedy HD

Comment

was considering a cushioned button...

Comment

go orc single plate Race spec.. the loud grindy ones

scare people at trraffic lights into thinking u have a Dog Box.. hahah

Comment

thats a bit hectic for what i want man lol funny story how i blew it

Comment

gettin a exedy cushioned button for $554!

Comment

got the box out....was simple as.. found out clutch fingers aint broken the locating things for the damping springs broken off

Last edited by DC2RKID; 13-10-09, 05:16 PM.

Comment

what were the symptoms that lead you to think the clutch was busted in the first place?

Comment

wooshing sound and clutch was stayin enguaged slightly when clutch pedal depressed and when tryin to take off car had really bad shudder

Comment

Working...
                              X