Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a DC2... JDM questions

Hi all,
    hope you are well thank you to those who take the time to respond.
    This is my first post on this site, sorry i have not searched the topic but i was hoping i would be able to get my q answered easily by those in the no.

In Australia we did not get the JDM dc5 type r correct? we got sum type s badged type r?

Is this also true with the dc2?

Also when i am looking for my itr how can i tell if it is JDM type r?

If we did not get the JDM dc2 type r what is the differences between the one australia has got and the jdm.

thanks guys

There is some info about on this site about your questions but I doubt you will find complete answers.

The specification of the local DC5R was lower than the JDM model but not quite a 'Type S'. The local cars are just as light and rigid as the JDM models, the major items they lack is the higher compression and better performing K20A, brembo front brakes and cast aluminium lower control arms, and the 17" wheels and tyres, along with inferior suspension.

The case is similar but less extreme with the DC2R. The major cosmetic difference is that the JDM model gets the once piece accord style () headlights whereas the Australian models have the 4 headlight front. Some other differences are: Suspension setup is slightly different, 15" wheels with 195/55R15 tyres compared the JDM 16s. Hopefully someone else will chime in with more details.

The above is comparing the 98 and onward JDM cars with the local DC2Rs. The '96 spec JDM cars are different again.

Honestly I generally wouldn't consider a JDM DC2R as they are getting long in the tooth and it is worth paying more for a clean Australian car with a more sure history. Buying a JDM DC5R might not be a bad idea but they tend to command a significant price premium, and there are only a handful floating about.

Comment

The price difference between a JDM and AUDM can be put towards mods for a better performing car too.

Comment

not to mention the fact ul only be able 2 insure with just car and shannons and places like that.. ur much better off buying aud R, at least the history can be checked..

Comment

JDM DC5R is 162 kw and AUDM DC5R is 147 kw... so AUDM is similar to the USDM Type-S, not the JDM Type-S.

And I believe JDM DC2R is 147 kw, while AUDM DC2R is 141 kw. Apart from front-end and 16 inch wheels, all other specs are pretty much the same. I believe the added power in the JDM comes from the full exhaust specs... correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

you'll be flat out finding a jdm itr, plus they fetch mega price compared to audm

Comment

Originally posted by coopercoopercooper View Post

Also when i am looking for my itr how can i tell if it is JDM type r?
              An Import label is usually a giveaway..
              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

hmm thats pretty sweet coz i was lookin at gettin an dc2r as well

Comment

Buy mine...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

thought jdm dc2Rs has a 4-1 header design as oppose to the audm with 4-2-1.
                    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

they do.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-VS-Audm-4-2-1..
                      ... retired/

Comment

look at the junk they bolted onto our B18C5 in oz... looks like such a massive difference

Comment

AUDM = is B18C7
                          ... retired/

Comment

^ indeed.
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

i thought 96 spec jdm dc2r's are 4-2-1 and 98 spec are 4-1

Comment

Working...
                              X