Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I buy new shocks for DC5

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a hold of decent sport shocks for my 06 DC5S. After lowering my car with SKUNK2 springs the ride has turned to sh|t...

I have heard good things about KONIs and SKUNK2 shocks.

I have tried a few local places and have been told the only option is Coilovers.....

Let me know

Thanks

http://www.toperformance.com.au/distrib_fs.html

Comment

Thanks Time, very helpful.

Comment

Still, no one in Brisbane seem to supply ANY aftermarket shocks for DC5..

Maybe coilovers are the only option.. Anyone using BC coilovers? $1199 on ebay.

Comment

Can't you just buy them elsewhere? i mean you are looking at coilovers from ebay?

Comment

Man those Tanabe coilovers look alright from JDM concept, im thinking of giving them a go.

Comment

oh hai tony the tiger! Those Tanabe coilovers seem to be alright, im also looking at K-Sport coilovers from 999 (BNE) - only $1900 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                Can't you just buy them elsewhere? i mean you are looking at coilovers from ebay?
                Correct, dont really want ebay items.. just asking about quality (if anyone has them installed)

Comment

hey man iv got same 06 dc5s and i was considering lowering my ride.... i was told just 400$ with 1 or 2" lower springs should do the trick... what did u have on yours?? or did u just have stock

Comment

Originally posted by Josh DC5s View Post
                    hey man iv got same 06 dc5s and i was considering lowering my ride.... i was told just 400$ with 1 or 2" lower springs should do the trick... what did u have on yours?? or did u just have stock
                    Yeah i paid $400 for SKUNK2 lowering springs, lowered the car 2.5". But its been a few months now and the standard shocks need replacing due to rough ride.

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                      Yeah i paid $400 for SKUNK2 lowering springs, lowered the car 2.5". But its been a few months now and the standard shocks need replacing due to rough ride.
                      oh fair enough so the new springs have caused stress on the shocks... was it noticable like the rough ride?... what is the next best in terms of lowering?

btw. 2.5" wow did u find it hard going over speed bumps etc

Comment

Get coilovers.. if ur going to do sumthing do it right the 1st time.. rather than paying 400dollars to get springs that wernt designed to work together with the oem shocks put onto your car for the sheer sake of making it look a little better..

while at the same time having the ride quality, the general sharpness in handling of the car plus all the added body roll due to ur lowering springs being so soft and squishey and the comfortability completely taken from you..

you can get a set from us ebay for like under 1k posted anyway?? or even a 2nd hand set for like 600 - 700..

Comment

BINGO !!

decent brand, decent price..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK...Q5fAccessories

Comment

What quality coilovers are you talking about for $1k? I'd rather preset shocks and springs than coilovers for that money. At least you know the shock/spring package is reasonable quality. You need to budget at least $1500 for a new coilover setup.

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
                              BINGO !!

decent brand, decent price..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK...Q5fAccessories
                              They'll be $1500 landed with freight and customs clearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X