driver's side door lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driver's side door lock

The door lock on the driver's side doesn't go down or up anymore when i lock the car using the keyless remote. Nor does it work either when I press the automatic lock along the door. The left side door and boot locks appear to be fine.

I have to now manually lock my car by inserting the key into the handle and locking it.

Can anyone recommend a shop that can fix this for me at a reasonable price.
    eckoflyte

its easy to take the door trim apart, open it up first and check that there is no issues or jams with the cables operatin the mechnisim first.

Comment

haha another one bites the dust. in about 3-6 months, the passenger side will slowly die too.

both of my central locking solenoids/motors have now shit themselves and I have to use the key as well. I have taken off my door panel to try and find somewhere that I can mount aftermarket motors to no avail. I havn't contacted honda in regards to getting a replacement but I have a feeling it will be pretty expensive. I dont want to get one from a wrecker either because sooner or later it seems that it will happen again. If your car is under warranty bring it in, but be warned that they will shift the blame to any audio work or aftermarket alarm if you have either of them installed.
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Yes my central locking motor on my DC2 also shat itself...I got it fixed for like next to nothing...

The symptoms were basically I couldn't lock the doors on the inside on the driver side, nor would it lock when I used the remote...would only lock with the key though hehe

Comment

how did you get it fixed, hebe?
          eckoflyte

Comment

I took it to alarm place and they replaced the central locking motor...

Comment

dc2 doesn't have a central locking motor, im pretty sure you have an aftermarket solenoid in your door if you have keyless entry.

There pretty cheap at about $25.00 from JB, the DC5 is different, and from the above posts they cant fit them in the door easily.
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                dc2 doesn't have a central locking motor, im pretty sure you have an aftermarket solenoid in your door if you have keyless entry.

There pretty cheap at about $25.00 from JB, the DC5 is different, and from the above posts they cant fit them in the door easily.
                Well whatever it is...the guy just wrote central locking motor on the work sheet so beats me what he did...as long as he fixed it was pretty much what I was concerned with

Comment

Here's a plug for my friends from Hot Wired... they are mobile installers in Sydney who will fix you up in two seconds... Tell them Ray recommended

Matt: 0411897430
                  Rico: 0430493619

Comment

sweet thanks dude! i'll let you guys know how it goes
                    eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
                      Here's a plug for my friends from Hot Wired... they are mobile installers in Sydney who will fix you up in two seconds... Tell them Ray recommended

Matt: 0411897430
                      Rico: 0430493619
                      Got any1 in newcastle ray???? lol, i wish
                      ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                        sweet thanks dude! i'll let you guys know how it goes
                        we should get all the cars with busted locks together and make a group buy sorta thing out of it.. like ding repair day. lol
                        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

^^^^ heck yes
                          ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

Working...
                          X