Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pillow ball bearing question

Hi guys,

The Pillow ball bearings in my HKS Hipermax II camber tops are starting to wear. Im trying to find out if anyone might have some info on the replacement bearings used.

I spoke to the HKS distributor and they were no help whatso ever.

I found these details online in a forum, also stating the HKS tend to use the same bearing on all of them;-

Its the wide series they use, NMB MBWT16

ID - 16
    OD - 30
    Race width - 15
    Ball width - 19

Now I have spoken to a few bearing shops and have sourced the bearings, but without having had taken the coil out and measured the bearing i dont know if this is the exact size i require.

Would HKS use different sized bearings for different applications?

I know cusco use the same bearing (NMB MBWT18) for all of their camber tops and sell them as spares.

Would i be better to change the camber tops to something where i know the bearing size? ie cusco, fightex?

Any help would be great
    skinned knuckle racing

best would be to remove and take into a CBC shop...

but hopefully someone on here already has the answer!!!

also - by 'wear' what do you mena? how many KM?

and how often did you maintain them? (if at all)
    ... retired/

Comment

Id love to take them out, but it is such a drainer.. means that the car will be off the road for a few days etc, apparantly these bearings are rare as hens teeth.

wear meaning that there is vertical play in the coilover unit, as in its on the hoist and you can make the unit move with your own strength. Also teflon coating is coming out of the bearing.

there is probably 40,000 - 50,000 kms on the coils

Silicon and teflon lubed when alginments done, so not that often
      skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Minebea primarily supply the bearings to companies like tien, cusco, hks etc. Your best bet is to contact them rather than hks, and see which bearing they supplied with the hipermax 2 set. From what I have read Hipermax use shorter bearings compared with tein or cusco, they either use MBWT14 or MBWT16.

I would personally have it measured, to make sure to get the correct one, rather then rely on the word of mouth. I know it’s a hassle, but measure it, then compare it to their website, you can order it directly from them, or see if they can tell you?

Comment

great reply typeS
          ... retired/

Comment

awesome type s!
            thanks for that!

I found the minebea website through linear bearings (who hold majority in stock)

Looks like the coil will be out again this weekend.

from the website, If i can measure D, or B i should be able to get the right one. so i may not even have to pop the bearing out.

Ill post up what i find for others future reference!

Thanks again Type S i owe you a beer!
            skinned knuckle racing

Comment

No problem happy to help

Comment

Working...
              X