DC5R Throttle body and sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Throttle body and sensors

Hey guys so i figured that the idle problem with my car is the throttle body and a throttle control sensor inside it.
    I am told by the mechanic that i can't simply buy another sensor for it as it is part of the throttle body and that the entire thing needs to be replaced.
    Any experience with such things? It makes no sense to me as when you buy one from JDM yard they dont come with the sensors and that you need to use your own.

Any help will be appreciated
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

I just got mine sorted out today as well. You need to buy the entire throttle body with sensor. mine one, the iavc sensor, valve is fully corroded and the map sensor is giving faulty reading. you might able buy maps sensor but couldn't buy the iavc valve separately. that's wat i had been told n i had to purchase entire throttle.

Comment

How much did it cost you to get one?

Comment

I got mine replace b4...lucky old man stephen have a spare one lying around so I just replace the sensor .....but yeah you need to replace the whole thing if you need to buy one and that thing ain't cheap.....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

how does your car behave now??
          is this stock throttle body that u are talking about or what?
          - Project R -

Comment

so when you buy an aftermarket tb such as spoon or skunk2 will it come with the iavc? or do you need to reuse your stock one?
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
              how does your car behave now??
              is this stock throttle body that u are talking about or what?
              It idles up and down when the car heats up. soo annoying

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
              so when you buy an aftermarket tb such as spoon or skunk2 will it come with the iavc? or do you need to reuse your stock one?
              Skunk2 does not come with the sensors however the spoon one does.

Comment

I think it can be replaced, but it might be hard to do. Considering there are places around which sell just the TPS sensor, like this one. I remember reading about this on crsx, i'll see if I can dig up the thread.

edit: found it post 14

They sell it here too, and there's proper instructions provided.
                Last edited by typeS; 15-09-09, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I dont know about buying a new TPS sensor. I am using the stock TPS sensor for my Spoon TB right now.

Other than that, check your IACV before you get a new TPS sensor.
                  - Project R -

Comment

I think its time to just upgrade, I am using the stock one right now.

Just want this fucking thing fixed, so over it. It's using so much fuel right now as it is, only 370 kays from a full tank

Comment

Originally posted by typeS View Post
                      I think it can be replaced, but it might be hard to do. Considering there are places around which sell just the TPS sensor, like this one. I remember reading about this on crsx, i'll see if I can dig up the thread.

edit: found it post 14

They sell it here too, and there's proper instructions provided.
                      Thanks for that info

Comment

Spoon, K Series Throttle Body

Over x'mas '09, i went and visited the Spoon | Type One workshop in Tokyo JP. During my visit, i bought a few goodies from them. Spoon Throttle Body and Spoon Engine Torque Damper for my DC5R

After reading forums about bigger throttle body on K20A, i decided i will try it myself to see what it is like with a bigger throttle body. After bolting the Spoon TB back into place where the stock one was and refitted the Gruppe M intake, fired up the R

When the rev drops back to normal after few mintue of idling, the rev started going crazy, jumping from 1,000rpm to 1,500rpm, back to 1000rpm, to 1500rpm...on and on and on... (1,000rpm is normal due to running Mugen N1 ECU)

I started to worry since everyone on the forum said that it won't idle properly and other stories. But after driving it for 10min or so, the car was back to normal when idling, it seems like Mugen N1 ECU can learn itself?

Performance wise, i felt that the power dropped abit at low revs but surely more power in the mid to top end of the tacho the acclerator are certainly more sensitive oh the sound of the exhaust is definitely loud after RBC, and now even more louder with the TB + RBC, sounds more deep.

I reckon this is a mod that is worth getting for people that has I/H/E + ECU & RBC IM.
                        Last edited by Tiu; 16-02-10, 02:28 PM.
                        '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                        Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                        Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                        Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
                          I reckon this is a mod that is worth getting for people that has I/H/E + ECU & RBC IM.
                          They have RRC now which I heard is slightly better than RBC.
                          - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                          X