Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITB's on a B16A

Hi Guys,

For those using ITBs, what are you guys using? Thinking of getting them for mine.

Also, any recommendation who to buy from.

Thanks

u wont get alot of answers here, it would be wiser for you to look at www.honda-tech.com.

However recommendation wise the norm will apply here, which is your engine would hopefully be heavily tuned and of course fully programmable ecu is required too for maximum results.

TOFUR will tune in soon

Comment

thanks jingers, i'll search on honda-tech for whats already there.

yep i have a setup to get max results.

would like to hear what tofur has to say in the mean time.

Comment

interested to know your setup ..
        and why you want to go itb's ? and your expected power output and your where you want power in your rev range .. cos the brand or type of itbs you are running will affect this ..

i know of a few american branded ones..
        and i can point you in the general direction ..

ill try to put something together and start a new thread soon .. =)
        Farewell TYP88R

Comment

hi tofuR

i want to go itb's for mid range. expected power output is the mosta standard block and head can hold - i'm not trying to reach a "magic" figure. there are other reasons that are out of my control, ie. regs. the weakest link will be the block/head. for certain reasons, i won't disclose what the internals are or how it's been setup. i hope you understand.

i have not much knowledge of what's available for honda based setups so your feedback on the brand and types available will be appreciative. a simple comparison list of each and the best power/rev band range gains will be great.

are american brands the general go for this engine? any reason why you haven't mentioned a jdm partiality?

this setup will go into a race car. i would hope it last 1 race season, but realistically more like 4 races.

i'd be really interested in how you have set yours up, and drill you with a few questions about it.

thanks

edit: also, did you run a "main" return spring, ie. 5 springs or did you only run 4 springs (1 per linkage)
          Last edited by ImprovCTR; 15-10-06, 12:01 AM.

Comment

hehe unfortunately im not the man to answer your questions on this one ..

Troy.. ala Whitedc2 (that was his name on clubrsx anyway)
            will be the better one to answer your q's

if you have the budget .. ie 2-3k +

then i would take a look at either omniman's(omnipower) new set of itb's .. www.honda-tech.com
            they look quite interesting..
            to be released soon..

Jason (Blackdc2) told me that there were a new range of toda itbs out there as well ..

and then there are TWM, OER, blah blah blah..

but i'm a bit of a tight ass racer =p .. and im not happy with forking out 2-3k for a set..

so im making my own set of ITBs ... OEM Honda parts =)
            and im trying to design it to suit my application ..
            Farewell TYP88R

Comment

dunno much about this other than TODA, SS Works and OER have kits for these engines which are widely used in japan..i beleive SS Works have more than one diameter available? (40dia. and 50dia. from memory?)
              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

look into jenvey

Comment

the questions you are asking are unanswerable, except by trial and expreimentation...

as you said - you wont disclose youre internals details,

so it would be like asking which cheese goes best with a certain wine, without saying which wine you are referring to...
                  ... retired/

Comment

i know it is trial as with all development cycles.

there were some questions i've asked which are answerable like with comparisons, just as you would read from the manu's data sheets. but i was after irl stats. and wanting to question owners about setup/problems, etc, you know the usual stuff when you're inquiring. that's all. i didn't start this thread to find a definate solution to my inquiry.

good analogy, but if the cheese expert gave me a cheese-wine compatibility list, and i knew the wine i was tasting, i would know what cheese would be best for that wine.

thanks tofuR, and to the other guys who have commented constructively on this.

Comment

i think that when you are looking for itb's there are a lot of things that you need to look into .. because many many times u will hear that people lose power due to itb's ..

i've been looking a bit into the topic ..

u need to know things like what your peak output would be expected to be/
                      and where you want that power to be..

an itb .. for lack of a better term . .is like a musical instrument.. if its not tuned properly.. u r probably better off going with a conventional big plenum manifold ..
                      Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Originally posted by tofuR View Post
                        i think that when you are looking for itb's there are a lot of things that you need to look into .. because many many times u will hear that people lose power due to itb's ..

i've been looking a bit into the topic ..

u need to know things like what your peak output would be expected to be/
                        and where you want that power to be..

an itb .. for lack of a better term . .is like a musical instrument.. if its not tuned properly.. u r probably better off going with a conventional big plenum manifold ..

for example:

Originally posted by www.team-integra.net
                        Factors influencing size are: Power output, rpm, cylinder head design, cylinder capacity, position of the throttle body in the inlet tract and position of the injector.

Choice of bore size is a balanced compromise resulting from the following:

1) A larger bore leads to lower flow resistance, but obeying the laws of diminishing returns.

2) A smaller bore leads to better throttle control and response (never underestimate) and improved fuel mixing.

3) The system should be considered in total - from (at least) trumpet flange to cylinder and proportioned accordingly.

Basic references for BHP per cylinder, assuming ca.(ca.= approximately) 120mm from butterfly to valve head and a max of 9,000 rpm are:

Up to 30 BHP/CYLINDER - 30mm
                        up to 33 BHP/CYLINDER - 32mm
                        up to 39 BHP/CYLINDER - 35mm
                        up to 46 BHP/CYLINDER - 38mm
                        up to 51 BHP/CYLINDER - 40mm
                        up to 56 BHP/CYLINDER - 42mm
                        Up to 65 BHP/CYLINDER - 45mm
                        up to 74 BHP/CYLINDER - 48mm
                        up to 80 BHP/CYLINDER - 50mm
                        up to 87 BHP/CYLINDER - 52mm
                        up to 93 BHP/CYLINDER - 54mm.

These power figures may be increased by up to 10% in a purpose - designed, well proportioned system.

As butterfly to valve distance increases, butterfly size will need to increase in proportion to system taper and vice versa.

Lower revving engines and those with injectors
                        PLUS much more at URL: http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=484
                        ... retired/

Comment

right on tinks.. =)

i think you would be proud of the ghetto-ness of my itb setup ..
                          =P
                          Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Working...
                          X