Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new shoes for the DC5R but steering wheel is funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new shoes for the DC5R but steering wheel is funny!

hey guys i just picked up a set of ce28 that came off a evo with these specs 17x 8.5 +30. i've got them fitted on atm but the steering wheel is all weird now it just constantly veers a little to the left then a little to the right. any idea whats going on and how i can go about fixing this problem???

cheers

Originally posted by lmfamglia View Post
    hey guys i just picked up a set of ce28 that came off a evo with these specs 17x 8.5 +30. i've got them fitted on atm but the steering wheel is all weird now it just constantly veers a little to the left then a little to the right. any idea whats going on and how i can go about fixing this problem???

cheers
    Did you get them balanced before you fitted them? When was the last time you had a wheel alignment done?

Comment

i got a wheel alignment around 2 weeks ago. i havent gotten them balanced though lol took the wheels straight off the evo and onto the dc5

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
        Did you get them balanced before you fitted them? When was the last time you had a wheel alignment done?
        I second these questions and I have a few more. What tyres are you using? Are they new?

It could just be the normal tramlining from running lower offsets, possibly exacerbated by poor alignment or uneven tyre wear or pressures.

Comment

Pirelli dragon 225/45/17 not new approx 50% left

Comment

I'd do things in this order.

1. Check tyre pressures and make sure they're between 36 and 40 psi.

2. Drive

if not fixed

3. Get wheels balanced

4. Drive

if not fixed

5. Get wheel alignment

6. Drive

If not fixed, come back to us and we can explore other possible causes.

Are you coming straight off those JDM DC5R wheels? The handling difference is quite large coming from +60 offset. Your track has increased 60mm. I noticed quite a big difference between +48 and then with added 18mm spacers. The narrow track feels quite dumb and lathargic in comparison. Perhaps you've just brought your car back to life?
            Last edited by m0nty; 04-09-09, 07:16 PM.

Comment

sweet ill do that first thing tomorrow... or the day after
              thanks for the quick replies guys much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by lmfamglia View Post
                sweet ill do that first thing tomorrow... or the day after
                thanks for the quick replies guys much appreciated
                No worries. Remember the issue can only be attributed to your new wheels since it never did it before so just trial and error starting with the easiest solution is the way to go.

Comment

any places you would recommend sam?

Comment

do you have hub rings?

Comment

Heasmanns. But that's overkill for your app. Next choice would be Jax Tyres at Liverpool.

Comment

sam: nah im not coming of those jdm dc5r wheels im coming off the audm dc5r wheels
                        l__i__l : im not sure about hub rings :S

Comment

Probably a lot to do with the way the tyres have been worn out on another car.

Uneven wear is a big contributor to tramlini-ness.
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

found out the problem thought the lip was damaged and can be repaired turned out to be alot more and cant be fixed anyhow ordered one ce28 from jdmyard for a grand lol

Comment

Hang on so the rim is what cause you're steering to go weird?

Comment

Working...
                              X