Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU "unknown TDC" code.

Hey guys,

Over the weekend I had my engine mounts replaced as all four bashed to death.

Anyways the installation went all well however the CEL appeared. The workshop owner used the scanner to diagnosed the problem and it was identified as "Unknown TDC" error. All seems pretty good, the drive is all normal. I don't have great knowledge about cars but I wouldn't think changing mounts would cause such a problem.

Does anyone have any idea what the error code means? My mechanic is looking into it further but I figure it would be a ideal to gather some thoughts on the matter.

thanks in advance.

car/ engine?!?

TDC usually stands for top dead centre and relates to the gears on your crank and cams.
    It may be that the timing chain has jumped a tooth in timing and it is slightly advanced, or the otherside of it, it may have slackened with time and punishment and may be retarding/ advancing on the cycle..

How many kms has the motor seen? Got cams? when was the timing chain/ belt last inspected/ replaced?

Could also be the TDC sensor has gone bad.
    Last edited by mattyd; 01-09-09, 08:26 AM.
    skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Mechanic tried replacing in a new TDC senor but that didn't stop the "check engine light" to turn on.

Pretty much concluded the timing chain has skipper a tooth so I have to replace it.

Does anyone know how much this will set me back?

Comment

a timing chain wouldn jump a tooth unless chain tentioner is gone....and trust me youd know...ever heard the dirty old 2.6 magnas driving down road ?? thats the sound of a tentioner gone

Comment

Working...
        X