DC5R Fuel pump whirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Fuel pump whirl

For dc5 owners, when you first turn ur keys to the step before cranking the car, i think position on? You can hear a faint whirl which is i believe the fuel pump.

This whirl usually goes away after 2 or so second. What does it mean if the whirl is constantly there?

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
    For dc5 owners, when you first turn ur keys to the step before cranking the car, i think position on? You can hear a faint whirl which is i believe the fuel pump.

This whirl usually goes away after 2 or so second. What does it mean if the whirl is constantly there?
    My R goes away after the intial 2 or so seconds..
    Have you left the tank to run nearly empty? i know on previous cars ive owned if you leave it to nearly dry you can bring up crap from the bottom of the tank resluting in fuel pumps making funny noises or failing, is the car still running normal no stuttering or loss of power?

Comment

Maybe the pump is seeing a constant 12v?
      happyhong says:
      aus only have 3 r
      happyhong says:
      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

You will hear a constant whirling sound from the fuel pump when the key is in position 'on' if you are using the mugen ecu due to grounding of the fuel pump wire. You can install a relay to solve it.
        Last edited by RDC-5™; 12-10-06, 09:27 AM.

Comment

does the loudest of the whirl increase with higher revs?

Comment

open the fuel filler cap and listen.
            ... retired/

Comment

Yes i do have the mugen ecu and yes the ecu requires the fuel pump relay wire to be spliced, i will do some more research, thanks for the feedback

Comment

I thought the whirl is from the power steering?
                ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

a bit o/t but does the mugen ecu for the dc2R also require the fuel pump relay wire to be spliced? or anything else?
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

i figured out the pumpwhirl is supposed to be there instead of turning itself off with mugen ecu. What RDC-5™ said is completly correct

Comment

Working...
                    X