Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre question

Hi Guys

I track my car track 4-6 times a year. I am looking at either Toyo R888 or Kumho V70A's . My car does some daily driving. I know asking a questions like this is like asking how long is a peace of string. But I would appreciate your opinion.

Regards
    Simon

Hey Simon. Your post doesn't actually contain a question but I am guessing you are asking for opinions on those two tyres?

I have never used either but they are reputed to be both among the best wearing of the road legal semi slicks so you should get decent wear out of them. If you are driving the car a lot though I would recommend getting a second set of wheels to fit the track tyres to as the constant heat cycling from street driving won't do them any good.

I know there are some R888 users here so hopefully they will chime in.

Comment

go with r888, great tyre if u dont daily drive, daily driven will give u abt 8000k's, depending on how u drive...either tyre u will b fine..just own preference in terms of d feel, both wont b great in wet n will aquaplane on medium size puddles...dunno if that helps much mate
      Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
      EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
      Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

Why would you spend so much on a tyre that gets 10,000kms and never gets used for it's true purpose. Do as ChargeR said and keep semis for the track. You're just wasting money otherwise.

Comment

especially as i notiued that even r888's and V70's are up around 360 per corner these days...

cheaper to get dunlop DZ03's in sydney!
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            especially as i notiued that even r888's and V70's are up around 360 per corner these days...

cheaper to get dunlop DZ03's in sydney!
            How much are Dz03 these days, dave? My 03G are on their last days.
            CARSFORHOPE

Comment

i got quote from garysmotorsporttyres for 330...

r888's seem to be "retail price only" at 360 = suckface, used to able to get em for 230 - have they changed design? i didnt think so?

i am trying to source a place for a group buy for JSCC & CITR members,

you interested?
              ... retired/

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the response guys, I'm looking for 235/40/17 fronts and 275/35/18 Rears. I looked on the Dunlop web site and it seems the DZ03's don't come in these sizes ( tho 265/35/18 would be OK for the rears)?
                Rim size: 17x8 , 18x10
                Car: NSX

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  i got quote from garysmotorsporttyres for 330...

r888's seem to be "retail price only" at 360 = suckface, used to able to get em for 230 - have they changed design? i didnt think so?

i am trying to source a place for a group buy for JSCC & CITR members,

you interested?
                  Yes, I would be interested
                  CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Bridgestone RE001's are very good all-round tyres. They perform excelently on the street and still handle well on the track. Other wise the falken RT615 is your next best bet. They are almost a semi slick design and are designed to be aquaplane resistant.

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

Working...
                    X