Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenwood stereo and ignition issues

Hi all

I bought a DC5R back in June, and have been meaning to post on this forum. I guess my first post will be about a problem I'm having...

I tried installing a Kenwood MP443U head unit last night. I got the ISO wiring harnesses off ebay to make the wiring job idiot proof. Ripped out the stock unit, plugged in the harnesses for the Kenwood and put it all back. Put the keys in, and it worked. (after having to press reset as per the instructions)

This morning, I fire up the car, and the unit is dead! I had to press reset again for it to switch on. (reset is a tiny little button on the face of the unit)

I did some experimenting just now, and this is what I found:
    Switching on the car/ignition kills the Kenwood, and I have to push reset.
    It's fine in Acc.
    If I remove the keys, and leave the car unlocked, and try Acc again, it works.
    If I lock the car/ arm the alarm/immobiliser (I have factory alarm/imobiliser) then unlock yada yada- doesn't work.

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the factory immobiliser killing the constant power.

What are your thoughts?

It can't be that hard. I wired up a stereo to my old Corolla (the dc5r is a significant improvement) and had no problems. So what have I done wrong?

Cliff notes:
    Installed a Kenwood stereo.
    Have factory alarm
    Stereo works. Except after:
    Turning the ignition (kills the stereo)
    Arming & disarming the alarm (kills the stereo)
    Thoughts?

that ones got me beat man!! take it to a audio place and have a word wiv em..never had that sort of problem when i was fitting at autobarn

Comment

Working...
    X