DC5R Camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Camshaft

Guys, any of you might know the angle (valve lift) of the original camshaft that's in our AUDM DC5R's motor?
    Last edited by Tiu; 11-11-09, 11:35 AM.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R
    Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

bump!

TODA, K20A Spec C Profile Camshaft
    TODA, K20A Up Rated Valve Springs
    TODA, K20A Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner

Planning to order these as the currency is quite good, is there any i need to be aware of moving on and installing stuff like cams on my car? I will be installing Hondata, KPro at the same time while installing these parts.

It is about $900 for the pair of camshaft, so i think it is quite a good price. What you guys think?

Spec C is still drivable for street use, right? Adrian didn't recommend me to go any higher with just a stock K20 block.

Bit of background of my car: gruppe m intake, rbc IM, toda heaader + cat, greddy catback.
    Last edited by Tiu; 11-11-09, 02:38 PM.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

should sound sweet, and go like a rocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
        bump!

Planning to order these as the currency is quite good, is there any i need to be aware of moving on and installing stuff like cams on my car? I will be installing Hondata, KPro at the same time while installing these parts.

It is about $900 for the pair of camshaft, so i think it is quite a good price. What you guys think?

Spec C is still drivable for street use, right? Adrian didn't recommend me to go any higher with just a stock K20 block.

Bit of background of my car: gruppe m intake, rbc IM, toda heaader + cat, greddy catback.
        you also need a headgasket, maybe 'want' ARP head studs... since you seem to be keen to spend money...

how is your breather system looking?
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          you also need a headgasket, maybe 'want' ARP head studs... since you seem to be keen to spend money...

how is your breather system looking?
          what's the ARP head studs do for me?

what's breather system (i'm noob), is that the hose that connects to the right side of the head and then connects to the gruppe m intake?
          '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

have you gone to the 1/4 mile? if so whats your time?
            Blaze Orange

Comment

can you re-use the OEM headstuds?
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                can you re-use the OEM headstuds?
                Yes, that shouldnt be a problem, especially if its an unopened motor!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                  have you gone to the 1/4 mile? if so whats your time?
                  nope, not interested in that so i never really gone and done it.
                  '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

re you specific question, I can only comment from the point of view of spec B's in a B18. The off-vtec lobes are much higher, and that shows in a more difficult idle, quite a bit more power, and much worse fuel consumption. The vtec lobes are convenyially higher etc. The spec C have more on vtec. You will need the springs, and the after market ecu set-up. The standard ecu just can't cope.

Driveability on the street is still very good - my only problem is low idle when mid warm-up. Thats probably the iavc.

I note you don't have adjustable cam gears - I'd say not really necessary right now.

If you use the car daily and do a lot of miles the fuel consumption will kill you. If thats not a problem, do it. The power increase is great.

Comment

at the moment with my mugen n1 ecu, i'm getting 400km & about 41xkm max so i hope that the kpro will work abit better than the mugen n1 ecu, anything above 400km then i'll be happy

i spoke to adrian from TODA yesterday, he advised me to get the TODA, K20A VTC Killer Free Adjusting Cam Sprocket for the exhaust side only as well.

Originally posted by Ian aka anjin View Post
                      re you specific question, I can only comment from the point of view of spec B's in a B18. The off-vtec lobes are much higher, and that shows in a more difficult idle, quite a bit more power, and much worse fuel consumption. The vtec lobes are convenyially higher etc. The spec C have more on vtec. You will need the springs, and the after market ecu set-up. The standard ecu just can't cope.

Driveability on the street is still very good - my only problem is low idle when mid warm-up. Thats probably the iavc.

I note you don't have adjustable cam gears - I'd say not really necessary right now.

If you use the car daily and do a lot of miles the fuel consumption will kill you. If thats not a problem, do it. The power increase is great.
                      '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

You got all those mods and you're getting 4XX k's out of a tank?

I know this a bit off topic but I'm only getting 350-375k's out of a tank atm and my car is standard....

For the amount of mods you have your car is doing great!

Comment

grrray - maybe you need a tune up?

or a ecu reset?

that is terrible fuel economy for a stock car and indicates you have a major problem... or maybe you refill before the fuel light comes on?

here is a thread we prepared earlier: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...el+consumption
                          ... retired/

Comment

I only get around 360-380km's just before the empty line. I've never gone down until the light has come on so I think I'll be safe to do 400km's a tank!

Comment

I have finally placed the order the follow so excited!! it should arrive in about month's time. However, i won't be install the stuff anytime soon as i still have to save up for a Hondata, KPro.

TODA, K20A VTC Killer Free Adjusting Cam Sprocket (Exhaust only)

Also i've ordered myself a Mugen, Engine Mount as my oem ones are starting to go as well.

Ohh i think it was all quite reasonably priced, all these parts together costed me under $2000.
                              '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Working...
                              X