DC5R Buddy Club N+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Buddy Club N+

Just wondering if there is anyone using these on their DC5R? I just installed mine and i have like -2 camber at the front. As some of you may know the BC N+ does not come with pillow mount and therefore is not camber adjustable.

I want to get it back to neutral camber if possible. How can i do this? I am not knowledgable about this...so please help.

Thanks

hhmm.... this should be interesting... if you can't fix this poblem, i might get some Teins.

Comment

You should be running about -2deg camber on the front anyways to help with turn in, you should never run 0 camber....
      NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

perhaps that's true on the track, but i don't think his DC5R is a "track only" car

Comment

Get a pillow mount? Apexi sell them for dc5

Comment

i have -2 front and back. it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
              i have -2 front and back. it's fine.
              you have to understand that this gives very uneven tyre wear and can be costly in the long run. if his car is only used on the track 2% of the time, its preferable to go for camber adjustable plates to correct this back to within factory spec.
              eckoflyte

Comment

Probably the common setup for 90% street and 10% track will be -1.5 front and -1 at the back

Comment

dc5's run more neg camber at the back due to the nature of the suspension design..however it is better if they run more neg at the front..
                  if u r unhappy running 2deg negative at the front, either raise the height, but anyway run at least the factory specs..

on my dc2 i run ~3deg negative at the front and 1.5deg negative at the rear.
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

hmm...i will post sum pictures up...after talking to some more people and looking at the car...it looks like i got about -3 camber at the front and -1 at the back.

basically i just wanted to know whether it is possible to put a front camber kit in the front to reduce the camber as much as possible to neutral??? and if so which brand?? coz i dont want to get un even tyre wear...

One thing i dont understand is how other cars in Australia i have seen dumped on coilovers, how come their camber at the front is not as huge as mine??

i have not been to the track and probably on will use it 1% of the time...so i really need to get rid of this camber...

Comment

Regardless of whether you track the car or not you should run some negative camber in the front, i run -2 for street and tyre wear is pretty much even acrross the tyre. As for track -3deg is more around the money.

I would suggest the ingalls camber kit for the rear as i was running -4deg camber in the rear which did result in uneven tyre wear as well as the car being tail happy. Rear camber like someone else mentioned should be around -1.5 to -2deg

If you have 0deg camber when you go round corners you will actually wear the outside of your tyres out before the rest of the tyre. Between -1.5 and -2deg camber your tyre wear should be fine.

in order to fix the problem on the front why dont you just buy the pillowball upper mounts for the coils? Talk to Eoh from J-Spec Motorworks he can help you out

eoh@j-specmotorworks.com.au

Tell him that anthony with the Blue DC5 from qld told you to give him a call, should give you a good deal...
                      NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

whicever doesnt matter. cusco, toda fightex, u just need the plates.

Comment

yeah...if i had around -1 camber front and rear i would be happy...but you gotta see the pics...i post them up tonite...the wheels are really tucked in.. Z10 if you are reading this thread...pls post my pics up for me...

i am pretty sure buddy club n+ dont have the option of adding pillowball upper mounts

what plates are you talking about jingers?

Comment

Comment

are those sold seperaetly?? and will they fit onto my buddy club coils??

Comment

Working...
                              X