Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sold engine mounts for DC2R.. Recomended??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sold engine mounts for DC2R.. Recomended??

just wondering what the advantages and disadvanted of solid mounts are??

i see everyone has them n i kno its for body ridgidness purposes but are there any other reasons??

and what do u reccomend??

Hasport mounts. You get a choice of 3 urethane durometer values. I'm running the 70A urethane, which is plenty firm enough. Solid mounts are unnecessary except for all out race cars etc.

Hasport DC2 link
    Last edited by WhiteDC2; 23-08-09, 04:39 PM.
    Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
    In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

Even all out race cars don't need solid mounts. My car is running 85a and it's more than enough for the application. Only big torque engines with big launches woul really benefit having solid mounts and compared with 85-95a it would be negligible.

Comment

Innovative Mounts are cheaper and does the same application compare to those more expensive engine mounts like Hasport
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

can sumbody please explain to me the benifits of having soild or semi solid mounts as apose to stock ones??

if its sumthing i dont realy need i dont see the point in getting them.. was looking to do my front + rear sway bars.. would cost same amount as engine mounts i figured.. haha i duno..

i remember going and looking at a car with solid mounts.. remember the whole inside of the car was shaking, full vibrations!! haha what u all think?

Comment

This is to do with DC5R, so not sure if its the same for DC2R.

I have energy suspension engine mount inserts. From what I have been told, these aren't as stiff as the full replacement mounts, but do make an effect. I beleive energy suspension make a kit for the DC2R also.

The DC5R suffers from really bad axle tramp stock, and as you may have read 2nd gear problems. When I had these fitted, axle tramp was near no existent, and the problems I had with changing to 2nd aren't as bad.

Pros:
            - No axle tramp (On hard launches or quick 1-2 gear shifts)
            - Help with the 2nd gear problems
            - Cheapest option - I got mine for about $75.

Cons:
            - Vibrations. This was bad at first, steering wheel vibrated about 1cm for a couple of week, but after a couple of months it went down... now I don't even notice it.
            - That's about it!

Comment

depends a lot on your budget. If you want to be more cost effective get the energy suspension inserts. But if you got the money to burn get the mounts. Avid is another company that makes mounts. The mounts for the b-series are good but there kswap mounts I had some issues with fitment and had to send them back a few months later they discontinued them. There mounts I believe are 20-30% cheaper in price.
              "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

45SET, 1cm of vibration? That sounds really harsh. Is the vibration really that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by tk38 View Post
                  45SET, 1cm of vibration? That sounds really harsh. Is the vibration really that bad?
                  This was only on Idle, so once you started driving it wasn't present. It was also only like that for a couple of weeks. After a year and a half, I don't even notice it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X