No announcement yet.

Polyurethane Rear Trailing Arm Bushing & Rear Wheel Alignment Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd start by swapping out the compensator arms. Although, it should be reasonably obvious if they are bent - they are a pretty short arm so to have a large affect on the toe angle the bend would almost have to be visible to the eye...

If it isn't the compensator arm, it would almost have to be the trailing arm. Lower control arms are pretty hard to bend, and you aren't showing any major camber issues...

The good thing about the trailing arm is that you can get one from an EG civic and just bolt up your hub to the new arm. A trailing arm should only be ~$100-150 used...
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

thanks for the tip cam!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

I dont think you can bend a trailing or control arm that easy. I've spun out heaps in the EG and there in no damage. Only thing is the alignment is out of wack

Your toe seems to be the only thing wrong, get yourself Toe adjusters like us and it will fix that issue
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
          I dont think you can bend a trailing or control arm that easy. I've spun out heaps in the EG and there in no damage. Only thing is the alignment is out of wack

Your toe seems to be the only thing wrong, get yourself Toe adjusters like us and it will fix that issue
          You're not really fixing the issue though. If you are at the maximum adjustment and you can't get the toe within spec, then you have a bent arm. Fixing it by fitting toe adjusters is a band-aid fix IMO.

And yes, a trailing arm can bend when the wheel is impacted from the side. It isn't designed to take force in that direction, and it is only pressed metal, and it will twist/bend relatively easily.

Toe adjusters might get the alignment back in spec, but you will still have a bent arm.
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

You have a front alignment problem if your car is pulling to the left, you need to get it realigned or maybe you have bent a tie rod or something in the front end....

Comment

Everything is OK! apparently nothing was bent

My mechanic took the car to Heasmans and they re-aligned the rear and the car drives straight now!

I still find it weird/funny how 2 shops I took it to before couldn't fix it..
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

yes, there are 'other' parts of the sussy you can adjust that 'some shops' are not really aware of...

note i *did* mention these in post #9

glad to hear you can now come to the track soon!!!!!
                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                X