Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel bolt

Yo fellas,

Today i was taking off my flywheel when the first bolt i undone twisted off from the actual head.

So my dilemma is the bolt is stuck in the hole but there is no head to the bolt..

What can i do with less work as possible?

Cheers
    Looking High and Low for a TRUENO!

WD40 + drill it out

Comment

Sometimes you can Grind a channel into the top of the stud to make it like the top of a flat head screw and then use a impact screw driver to remove it!

or you can buy those stud remover drill bits which will prob help!

Oxy is your friend!

Comment

"easyout" in google

http://www.crustyquinns.com/tech/easyout.html
        ... retired/

Comment

yeah easy out it for sure...oxy aint ur friend in this case lol u dont wanna warp it

Comment

just buy the stud extractor set from Supercheap, and a new drill bit. Takes about 15 minutes and $20, and you can use them for next time, as it sounds like you might have had an overtightening fiend in there earlier. And buy all new flywheel bolts as well as they are now all suspect.

Comment

id buy somethin a bit better then supercheap mannn..bolts prob gunna be very tight in there and u dont wanna break a easyout gettin it out lol i learnt from that misstake a few times

Comment

Way I see it, you only use them now and again, so no point in going expensive. As long as the bolt isn't rusted in it will come out, especially if you heat up the area and then use the coldshock stuff on the bolt itself.

Comment

Get a thread doctor or someone like that to come do it you dont want to fuck the end of your crank

Comment

Working...
                  X