Help pinging noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same problem with my DC5R

The service manager told me to redline the car as many times as i can.
    Cause i told him i dont rev the car alot because i thought it was bad
    for the car(yeah yeah...this was when i first got the car)

After i told him that, he started driving the car at 8100rpm for 20 seconds
    telling me it wont hurt the engine at all.....

Cause he said its a carbon build up and in order to take that shit out, you
    need to blow it out by giving the car a bit.
    Last edited by scheung; 10-10-06, 11:57 PM. Reason: grammer
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

guys, its a shit tune, i am running over 13:1 comp and even on 40+ degree days there is no pinging issues, no matter what rpm i drive it at.

Comment

Agreed that it is a shit tune. Have you tried to contact james to fix the issue?

If you do, make sure that he doesnt attempt to charge you for additional dyno time or time for street tuning!!

Comment

On that note can anyone who has issues with james PM me please, i think all of us are sick of the after sales service he provides and i'm hoping colaborately something can be done about it.
          NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
            On that note can anyone who has issues with james PM me please, i think all of us are sick of the after sales service he provides and i'm hoping colaborately something can be done about it.
            PM SENT!
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:
            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

neostars, if you're in Sydney then I'd recommend Adrian from Toda to re-tune your car

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
                PM SENT

Comment

put my name down also.

Thanks for recommendation guys.
                  I will try Adrian, but i havent spoken to James yet. I have pm him, waiting for reply.
                  I see if i can get a free tune up, since the first tune up was pretty dodgying.
                  And it not my fault.

Comment

But wait, all OzHonda members swear by James ... So you guys who are the smaller community are wrong.

Shit stirring ... Apologies.

Comment

neostars, even if the re-tune was for free from James, I would just rather spend the $$ and go to Adrian...it'll be worthwhile in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by neostars View Post
                        put my name down also.

Thanks for recommendation guys.
                        I will try Adrian, but i havent spoken to James yet. I have pm him, waiting for reply.
                        I see if i can get a free tune up, since the first tune up was pretty dodgying.
                        And it not my fault.

I would suggest just trying adrian for the retune. Even if james tries to fix it it will still be a dodgy tune. IF you go to adrian, he can get the tune of james and work from there to try and make it better, so you shouldnt have to pay for a full retune.

I went for the tune up with james after he had to replace my computer and it ended up costing me money for a simple "touch up tune"....

Comment

Neostars, out of curiosity, was the ECU tuned with Optimax ?
                          I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                            neostars, even if the re-tune was for free from James, I would just rather spend the $$ and go to Adrian...it'll be worthwhile in the long run.
                            I think it'll be worth while even in the short run. haha

Comment

Working...
                            X