Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integra Dc5 100 000km service and stuff

Salutations all.

This is my first post here and it's pretty long so i apologise to advance. (I usually find all the information I need just from reading all the posts).

Anyway. My 04 Integra Type R is coming up to its 100 000km service, and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth taking to Honda (where all the other services of the car have been made thus far) or some other place, Ultra Tune, Midas. ETC.

Got a quote for about $400 at Honda. Cheapest was Ultra Tune for $280. My reasoning for wanting to take it to Honda is
    a) They will probably do a good job?
    b) Looks better in the log books when trying to sell?
    What to you peeps reckon?

Also, i want to get a whole bunch of things checked out at the service as well, which are as followed.
    1) Clutch makes this annoying squeaking noise when letting it out. Pretty sure something needs to be greased but cannot find what. (Anyone else have the same problem?)
    2) Ever since i got the 80 000km service; when I start the car, it generally has to turn over a lot of times before it starts up. I know they did something with the cam timing at that particular service, maybe it's too far advanced on start up or something?
    3) Engine sometimes makes a crunch noise (Like if you try to start your car when its already running) sometimes when starting up. Pretty sure I know what the problem is with the starter motor, but anyone else have the same problem?
    4) Want to get new brake pads as the original ones that came with the car seem to fade massively after braking hard a few times. Would Honda or any other place where i get my car serviced put new pads on while getting the service done (will be getting some performance pads)?

Thanks all.

mate u can take your honda anywhere u want... but it does look heaps better in log books if serviced at honda.

Personally i dont take my type S(50,000k) to honda as i have a good honda mechanic that i have been to for years wit a few cars and he's cheaper..

Any mechanic can change brake pads when they do service but yeah you'll obviously have to pay for it.

your other problems i havent experience yet so i hav no answers for ya.. but if u want them looked at expect to pay especially at honda dealer.

hope this helps
    FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

my dc5r had the crunch sound when starting......but it started happening around the
      140,000km mark.........doesnt crunch all the time
      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Hmm, I probably will take to Honda, if just for better log books. At the moment I'm thinking of selling it in 6-12 months.

And regards to crunching on start up, yeah it seldom happens, but when it does it feels painful lol.

Oh just one other thing. Did anyone else have their cams adjusted at their 80 000km service? I can't remember exactly what the guy said was being adjusted but it was something like that. Just ever since then the car has to turn over a lot more on start up. Not sure if it's a bad thing, but it sounds poor. Sometimes it starts up sweet, sometimes it really struggles.

Comment

Honda do a major service every 40000km and they will fine tune and adjust the timing if needed....there is no Cam adjustment at all as they should be in the right place. I never experience any of those problems coz my car is not stock anymore.....but even since I was still running with stock clutch I've been really lucky never have any issue at all. for brake pads there is no point to change to any aftermarket pads since you are going to sell ur car within a year......unless you going to see track b4 you sell it or drag race it....which is not safe in open road unless you do it in drag strip.....hope that helps....
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

they prob adjusted ur tappets......And dc5r Truk majority of cars are due for a timing belt by 100,000 so id look into that to man

Comment

Hmm, ok I'm wrong about that 80 000 service. Just looked at the old tax invoice. Only major thing they really did was 'carry out fuel injector service'. I'm presuming that's cleaning them. Meh I dunno whats causing the average starting then. Either way, all the 'issues' I'm having with my car a trivial, there just little things that become annoying.
              And Timing belt is at 120 000 km i believe. I know that's a MONSTER service for this car.

Re pads. Yeah I would like to track it. Trying to tee it up with a few mates of mine. Did that V8 race car experience thing at QR a couple of years ago, but i reckon it would be much more fun in my own car lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DC5R_truk View Post
                Hmm, ok I'm wrong about that 80 000 service. Just looked at the old tax invoice. Only major thing they really did was 'carry out fuel injector service'. I'm presuming that's cleaning them. Meh I dunno whats causing the average starting then. Either way, all the 'issues' I'm having with my car a trivial, there just little things that become annoying.
                And Timing belt is at 120 000 km i believe. I know that's a MONSTER service for this car.

Re pads. Yeah I would like to track it. Trying to tee it up with a few mates of mine. Did that V8 race car experience thing at QR a couple of years ago, but i reckon it would be much more fun in my own car lol.
                K20As use a timing chain that is generally sufficient for the life of the car, not a timing belt. As I remember it the 80,000km service for my car was quite major and included a valve clearance adjustment and replacing the coolant and a few other things. Have you checked the service manual in your car to determine what should be done at the 100,000km service?

Comment

Yeah at the 80 000 they do the following. Change Oil, filter, air cleaner element, inspect valve clearance, (change spark plugs non type r) fuel filter, inspect and adjust drive belts, replace bake fluid, inspect front and rear brakes. And they asked me if they wanted the injector service done as well, i said sure why not. This service's recommended service time was 3.9 (0.1 = 6 minutes)

100 000km service is. oil, change plugs (type r only), inspect idle speed, and inspect a few things. This service time is 1.3

The 120 000 service is a massive 5.1

Comment

does any one have a 100km service kit for the type S...is there such a thing, like a GB price or something......sorry if i sound stupid but thats what we had on aus300zx.......as getting the parts from genuine is like 1500 while in the GB etc it turned out to be $750 or so and included timing belt, tensioners water pump etc.........

Comment

Originally posted by IBBI View Post
                      does any one have a 100km service kit for the type S...is there such a thing, like a GB price or something......sorry if i sound stupid but thats what we had on aus300zx.......as getting the parts from genuine is like 1500 while in the GB etc it turned out to be $750 or so and included timing belt, tensioners water pump etc.........
                      Are you talking about a 300zx or a DC5?

Comment

his saying for the type S
                        Blaze Orange

Comment

Hey Buddy, Like a few other members said in the thread before you wont need to replace your timing belt or tensioner becuase you dont have one, our engines have timing chains which will probably outlast the life of the car so dont stress mate, Just get all your fluids/Filters changed, chuck in some spark plus and ur good to go!

Comment

FREAK!!! Why dont they give all cars timing chains.......timing belts are a horrid nightmare when they snap......especially twice when the bearing wasnt torqued properly...i thought timing chains where the old school stuff that were run in cars like the vw beetle, wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by IBBI View Post
                              FREAK!!! Why dont they give all cars timing chains.......timing belts are a horrid nightmare when they snap......especially twice when the bearing wasnt torqued properly...i thought timing chains where the old school stuff that were run in cars like the vw beetle, wrong?
                              Um not to sure about beetles, maybe you should watch out for whoever works on your car becuase if they have in the past stuffed up a timing belt replacement not once but twice i would be very worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X