Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird noise on startup

Hi all

when starting the Ep3 (usually only on cold mornings) intermittenly theres a werring/zipping sound. Could this be the starter motor?

i was getting a similar thing in my dc5r, more of a grinding noise after the motor was cranked, also only on very cold mornings/nights. I had it checked by a honda dealer when it was still under warrenty but they couldn't find the problem or duplicate the noise. I later found a thread on club rsx and it seems it's quite a common problem, only in very cold climates when the car hasn't been started for a while(say over night) and it is caused by a sticking solenoid in the starter motor. Doesn't happen much anymore as my car spends its nights in a much warmer garage, not sure if this is your problem but i think what i was experiencing whould be uncommon in oz due to the majority of dc5 cars living on the eastern side of the great divide!
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

yep same symptoms. I thought it was the starter motor. I dont think it should occur even if its freezing cold. My car is garaged everynight and still occurs. I'll get it checked out next week.

Comment

you should search it out on club rsx, the thread had pics and shit of the starter motor and solenoid pulled down and showed the problem part, might help your mechanic out and save you a bit of hard earned
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
        X