Exedy Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exedy Clutch

Hi guys, today i took out my spare engine and found there is a exedy clutch in there :P
    and with lighten flywheel :P

on the clutch, it written Exedy 7A12A G215E1

anyone know what actually is this clutch? looks like stage 2 but need someone confirm for me.

cos thinking of put it in my current engine.
    any idea?

thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jesmine0; 15-07-09, 10:38 AM.

what colour is the pressure plate ? and is it a button ?

Comment

Picture added.

I think they are exedy organic stage 1 clutch and exedy lighten flywheel.

How to know if the flywheel need to be machined or clutch need replacement?

thanks

Comment

depends on rivet depth there should be specs on that certain clutchand im not sure its good idea to machine lightened :S i havnt machine one in the 4 years ive machined flywheels

Comment

i thought that light or not, it must be machined to suit exact
          DCIIR

Comment

That could be an Exedy Stg 1 clutch, but don't forget Exedy also makes alot of clutches for OEM manufacturers. You can machine whatever flywheel, but you only really have to do it if the used one has hot/heat spots on it.
            www.evogarage.com

Comment

looks exedy oem.. i think stage 1 sports has 6 springs not 4.. recently had mine fitted..

Comment

they are out of k20z1 engine. so pretty new. check again on the part number, it written there HD511D and 6M13A.

it state organic stage 1.

NICE!!

but not too sure if i need to machine the flywheel. my mate got a lightened flywheel out of sr20 machined. they charge double the price, 70 to machine it as they say it is harder material and need charge extra for machining.

wat u guys recom?

Comment

prob just takes a lil longer but it all depends on the stone u use...an the condition of the flywheel surface sometimes there warped ...ive spend 2 hours on a truck flywheel once due to hittin rivvets

Comment

but it is always recommended to machine when doin a clutch we recommend it just as much as doing a rear main when box is out..best doin it right the first time

Comment

Working...
                    X