Power steering delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering delete?

Hey guys, I'm having my powersteering/AC etc. removed soon and just wanted to know if anyone else here has had PS removed and your experiences?

Talked to a few people and general consensus is it 'feels' much more precise, only complaint is about the standstill/low-speed turning

when driving the mazda 3 or the euro, i cant 'feel' the road as much.. and when i drive the EG i can feel that its much more precise cause i can feel everything.. which is what i wanted..

stand still/low speed turning was a pain in the ass when i first drove it (without p/s) but after a while i got used to it.. the only problem i can think of for u, is that u have to reverse park basically every day u work.. lol

but if you think that itll be too much of a hassle for ur daily driving then just keep p/s..

Comment

The people you spoke to are pretty correct about what the P/S feels like at speed, its is harder to turn at stand still or only moving slowly but once you get above 10-20km/h its alright, if its a small car it wont be any hassle unless you got GIRLY ARMS!

Make sure you get a non P/S Rack or get your mech to do the right work to the rack cause youll stuff it up if all you do is remove the P/S Pump.

Youll regret not having A/C after a while but youll still live.

Comment

I've survived fine without AC for the time I've had my car, when removing the pump/belts will be removed and the rack will be looped so there's no need for a manual rack.

Comment

hm.. i wonder if my rack is looped.. rofl..

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
            hm.. i wonder if my rack is looped.. rofl..
            haha yeah I asked Jimmy and your rack is looped, turning without PS should be easier with a Nardi Deep Corn

Comment

Originally posted by geeang View Post
              haha yeah I asked Jimmy and your rack is looped, turning without PS should be easier with a Nardi Deep Corn
              u bought a nardi?

thought u were gona get a works one

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
                when driving the mazda 3 or the euro, i cant 'feel' the road as much.. and when i drive the EG i can feel that its much more precise cause i can feel everything.. which is what i wanted..
                Don't forget the Maz 3 and Euro have electric powersteering. YUCK!
                David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

hahah awesome info -- I expected as much. Found a wicked SC kit in the states about to be released for around USD$3k with an M90 charger. Have to remove power steering & AC but thats cool, AC is fucked anyhow.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post
                    Don't forget the Maz 3 and Euro have electric powersteering. YUCK!
                    yeah true.. haha
                    p/s for the weak! ahahah

Comment

I took my PS out of my DC2R for a while, looped the rack etc and it was terrible. It was very heavy at low speeds as you'd expect, but when you really loaded the car up in corners I found it very heavy. I ended up putting it back in - it's much easier and faster with PS IMHO.
                      Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
                      In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

Thats some interesting feedback.

No power steering here. Feels much better. Free's up some hp. Build those arm muscles.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Yeah I've driven EG's without power steering and found they drove fine.
                          Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
                          In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

mayb more camber :P
                            BYP Racing & Developments
                            Built. Tuned. Driven
                            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, as jimmy said I'll probably run extra negative camber for more turn in and see how it goes after a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X