resettting ecu side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resettting ecu side effects

hey guys, im bit of a noob. ive got an integra with a tuned vafc2 (from the previous owner). if i reset the ecu, will the vafc2 need to be retuned also?

the reason i need to reset the ecu is to do the idle learn procedure. cleaned out the IACV but it didnt fix the idle hunting.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by dvSX; 06-07-09, 05:43 PM.

No, the VAFC stores setting within its own unit separate to the stock ECU.

Cant offer much more info about the IACV, sorry.

Comment

you dont need to reset the ECU for the idle re-learn procedure

there will be a way of activating idle re-learn procedure by following and repeating a number of steps numerous times

sorry i cant tell you those steps, i work for subaru not honda lol

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
        No, the VAFC stores setting within its own unit separate to the stock ECU.

Cant offer much more info about the IACV, sorry.
        thats all i needed to know. as long as its safe to reset the ecu im happy. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
          you dont need to reset the ECU for the idle re-learn procedure

there will be a way of activating idle re-learn procedure by following and repeating a number of steps numerous times

sorry i cant tell you those steps, i work for subaru not honda lol
          lol, its the only way i know how to do it so im hoping all goes well. thanks

Comment

strange i had same prob on an old pulsar of mine turned out both the idle speed controler and throttle position sensor were both stuffed

Comment

its a complicated problem for a small issue. my idle jumps between 1.5k to 2.5k until the engine warms up, then its ok.

btw, do i need to disconnect the vafc2 or just leave it all in when resetting?

sorry for all the noob q's

Comment

bro im just as noob lol nah no need to dc it man..but most important thing is that u make sure ignition is not on both when u dc battery and when u connect it bak up...very high chance of blowin ecu ..

Comment

you can just remove the "RADIO fuse" to avoid disconnecting the battery...
                  ... retired/

Comment

yeah tht would work :S

Comment

i didnt dc the battery, i just removed the two ecu fuses.

still got the problems but, i just adjusted the idle via the screw on the iacv and reset the ecu again and see how it goes from there

Comment

Weird, that issue has IACV written all over it.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

no, it has got "not setting the idle by the factory method" written all over it...

1. Start engine and let it warm up (until the radiator fan comes on)
                          2. connect a tachometer
                          3. disconnect the IACV connector
                          4. if engine stalls, restart it holding the throttle open and gradually release the throttle until it idles (will be rough)
                          5. idle speed should be 550rpm +/-50rpm
                          6. if not this – then adjust using idle screw.
                          7. switch engine off
                          8. reconnect IACV connector
                          9. restart engine and check that idle speed is 800rpm +/- 50rpm
                          10. THEN do the ECU relearn procedure…
                          ... retired/

Comment

ive got basically the same problem.. ive tried cleaning the IACV..
                            the other night after i pulled up at the lights, the revs dropped to like 3-500rpm..stayed there for a good 10-20 seconds then slowly got its way back up to 900-1000rpm.. :\

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              no, it has got "not setting the idle by the factory method" written all over it...

1. Start engine and let it warm up (until the radiator fan comes on)
                              2. connect a tachometer
                              3. disconnect the IACV connector
                              4. if engine stalls, restart it holding the throttle open and gradually release the throttle until it idles (will be rough)
                              5. idle speed should be 550rpm +/-50rpm
                              6. if not this – then adjust using idle screw.
                              7. switch engine off
                              8. reconnect IACV connector
                              9. restart engine and check that idle speed is 800rpm +/- 50rpm
                              10. THEN do the ECU relearn procedure…
                              thanks for that mate, no matter how hard i tried to turn the screw, it wouldnt drop below 700rpm... even after doing that its still idling at up to 2500 rpm until the engine warms up..
                              Last edited by dvSX; 09-07-09, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X