Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently fitted a set of JDM 16" DC2R Rims but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAM R View Post
    anyone else agree to the above or does everyone think new tyres will solve my problem....
    it depends what new tyres you get as to whether you actually fix the "problem"...

ewen - there is 'less' grip now than before...
    ... retired/

Comment

I find the car feels much better on the OEM 15's than the JDM 16's too, to be honest. I know the problem you are describing, and yes, the car definitely feels more lively and nimble on 15's, and more "rolly" on 16s, even with tyres being equal.

I would assume this is the reason for JDM swaybars being 1mm thicker front and rear.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

to add to this - even though the JDM 16's are the same offset as OEM 15's, they are 1" wider wheels. This still means that there is an extra 1" of overall width (measured to the outer edges of the wheels). This could account for some of the additional roll.
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post
          T1R's are horrible, press down on the sidewalls. So soft..
          Oh paaaaleassseee. They are great tyres. I have been using mine for 3 years now. They handled Wakefield and Oran Park Sth perfectly. Still got the same tyres on after 3 years, and still got 30% tread left at least. Sidewalls are not much softer than majority of performance street tyres - I think it's just forum rumours.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post
            T1R's are horrible, press down on the sidewalls. So soft..
            agree with vtecmachine 100% while not the greatest tyre ever born, T1R's are far from horrible
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I had them on my car when I bought it. I foudn them to have soft sidewalls and thus wasn't progessive.

So personal experience and preference. Not forum rumour. Opinion.
              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Working...
              X