DC2R Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Radiator

ey guys top tank on my radiator has started to weap a lil ...i know i can get the top tank repaired but id rather get a new radiator all together...anyone know of the price of a radiator for one of these ...does anyone recommend like a PWR radiator or anything ...help would be appreciated

Yeah. Most on here who choose to upgrade usually go with PWR, Koyo, Mishimoto etc. However these are considerably more expensive then a oem replacement, Koyo for example has a rough price tag of 600...
    Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Berty View Post
      Yeah. Most on here who choose to upgrade usually go with PWR, Koyo, Mishimoto etc. However these are considerably more expensive then a oem replacement, Koyo for example has a rough price tag of 600...
      Have you checked the price of an OEM radiator? Are they really cheap?

I have a friend that put a Mishimoto in his car, an S2000, about 6 months ago after his OEM top tank split and it hasn't busted yet .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        Have you checked the price of an OEM radiator? No
        Are they really cheap? No
        my point is they are cheaper than aftermarket ones
        what are you trying to get at? are you implying they are just as expensive?
        Last edited by Berty; 01-07-09, 08:03 PM.

Comment

my point is they are cheaper than aftermarket ones
          what are you trying to get at? are you implying they are just as expensive?
          Well I was just wondering whether an OEM radiator really is cheaper than the lower end aftermarket radiators you mention. I would not be surprised at all if a new radiator from Honda Australia cost a similar sum to the aftermarket radiators you mention.

If an OEM radiator was cheaper than the units you mention I would happily choose OEM over the aftermarket ones.

A quick investigation of prices seems they are about the same price in the US. A Koyo on US Ebay is about 300 USD and that is nearly the exact same price listed for a Honda unit on OemAcuraParts.com.

Comment

Yeh, Oem brand new is expensive like any other honda part. Koyo, Fluidyne, Mishimoto, Pwr etc. I got my old Fluidyne from the US. Will kick ass over any retail price here in Au:
            http://www.titanmotorsports.com/radiators.html
            Deano.

Comment

That is your point of view and is debatable. My theory of OEM being cheaper then aftermarket is not derived through comparing the price of a new radiator from Honda Australia. I would rather source an OEM replacement from a local auto parts store at a cheaper cost which I highly doubt is dearer then an aftermarket radiator. Just for a perspective, JDMYard currently sells the Koyo Rad for $625.
              Last edited by Berty; 01-07-09, 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

That is your point of view and is debatable. My theory of OEM being cheaper then aftermarket is not derived through comparing the price of a new radiator from Honda Australia. I would rather source an OEM replacement from a local auto parts store at a cheaper cost which I highly doubt is dearer then an aftermarket radiator. Just for a perspective, JDMYard currently sells the Koyo Rad for $625.
                Not trying to start an argument guy. There is no cause for contention, it is foolish to argue over prices. One will be cheaper than the other. I am just wondering which it is , it seems like an important piece of information to obtain when deciding what to replace an OEM radiator with.

Comment

cheers for the help guys ill contace jdm yard and see what they can do

Comment

i got my PWR radiator for under 500 dollars brand new from my wholesaler in the USA,

getting quality parts at good prices is not about what you buy, it is how & where you buy it...
                    Last edited by tinkerbell; 02-07-09, 09:45 AM.
                    ... retired/

Comment

spoke to the boof head at jdmyard hesaid the radiator is 625 like u said berty...he showed me a pic too not a bad lookin radiator lol anyway i gota get it asap now the weap has turned into a puddle

Comment

forwarded your post to the 'boofhead' @ JDMyard, lets see how keen they are to get it for you ASAP now....
                        ... retired/

Comment

thanks buddy already spoken to him on msn lol they got a few in stock ..

Comment

i still have my oem radiator and its in perfect condition, if you would like to buy it pm me
                            DCIIR

Comment

I live in sydney bro where u from?

Comment

Working...
                              X