Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided Brake Lines Installation Tips?

Hi guys,

Bought some Goodridge Braided Lines for my DC2R recently. Have any of you installed them yourself? Is it something that you can DIY?

Any hints and tips would be appreciated

Cheers.

ey mate its pretty easy just make sure u bleed it all up prop and make sure they dont rub on anything cause they can chew through metal very easy lol and it might be an idea to wrap them up with some electrical tape cause they are actually a rego issue so the tape just sorta hides em lol

Comment

Ahh good to hear

Sounds like it's pretty straight forward!

Thanks for the tip with the electrical tape

Comment

not a prob but most important not to let them rub on anything cause ive seen some crazy shit at work from braided lines haha

Comment

shit --- I better check the lines for the oil cooler I dodgily installed.. i think those lines have heaps of contact points with chassis / radiaotr support...

Comment

braided lines can be covered with 'heater hose' which is used for coolant lines.

you snip it down the lateral line and then wrap it over the braided stuff where it is touching the body/engine/lines and zip tie it...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              braided lines can be covered with 'heater hose' which is used for coolant lines.

you snip it down the lateral line and then wrap it over the braided stuff where it is touching the body/engine/lines and zip tie it...
              Thanks will do that.

Comment

make sure you use a flare wrench and not normal spanners.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

oh and tidier! good idea

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                  make sure you use a flare wrench and not normal spanners.
                  is it a must?

just that I don't have any that's all...

Comment

its not a must, but dont be crying when you round a fitting end/bleeder nipple lol

Comment

yeah not fun when that happens lol end up having to resolve to ol mate vice grips lol if u use a decent spanner it should do the trick granted it aint a worn out one lol

Comment

Working...
                      X