Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***URGENT*** Has anyone used Brembo Sports slotted rotors before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***URGENT*** Has anyone used Brembo Sports slotted rotors before?

Hey guys,

Had some issues, that i'm not going to go into, but I have a track day in a week and need to finalise this in a few hours.

Has anyone used, or know anyone that has used Brembo Sports Slotted Rotors before? I haven't heard anything about them. Just need to know if they are good, and whether or not they will handle track work.

If anyone can comment on these... please post in this thread asap.

Thanks.

Ricki.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

I've been using Brembo slotted rotors on my DC5 for the last 2 track days with Endless MA22 race pads. No problems at all so far.
    www.evogarage.com

Comment

Awesome... that's good to hear, thanks! Anyone else have any comments?

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Dave Tinks has a set of DBA4000's for sale for an awesome price, way under the group buy price.

Thats an option, I think there better than the brembos
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i have virgin DBA4000's sitting here...
          ... retired/

Comment

Tony from V-Sport highly recommend these rotors, based on feedback from his customers of next to nothing wear after plenty of track days.

For about $700 a pair, I'd be looking at these or the Dixcel heat treated slotted ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
              Tony from V-Sport highly recommend these rotors, based on feedback from his customers of next to nothing wear after plenty of track days.

For about $700 a pair, I'd be looking at these or the Dixcel heat treated slotted ones.
              "these" = brembo sports slotted - sorry I wasn't very clear.

Comment

rears or front
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post

I can vouche for Dixcel rotors. I had them on my car too with no complaints.

Comment

what's wrong with your dixcel?
                    BTW, brembo sports has 3 types of vanes, Pillar vane, Straight vane or Curved vane.
                    if it is straight vane for dc2r size, you might want to think twice..
                    Last edited by K.C.; 01-07-09, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                      I can vouche for Dixcel rotors. I had them on my car too with no complaints.
                      Rotors came warped. The left side is only using 2/3 of the pad. Brand new pads too. Inside 1/3 of rotor is rusted, and not being used. Haven't had a chance to heat the pads up heaps yet, so it's not shuddering. But under slow braking it's like stop start braking - feels like when my PMU's were warped.
                      When under hard braking the car pulls very hard to the right.
                      This means my rotors are warped right??

Why think twice about straight slit Brembos??

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                        rears or front
                        Front.

Comment

straight vane = near stock cooling rate

if you managed to wrap/overheat PMU SCR PRO with pillar vanes and high carbon cast iron, you next option go thicker disk with larger air gap/vane..
                          not personal experiences, but is what i have read from research/google before upgrading me brakes

EDIT to clear confusion: cooling vanes = the gap between the rotor, not the slot/slit on friction surface of the rotor, rotor cut out from brembo site:
                          Last edited by K.C.; 01-07-09, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Straight slits are fine. They cool very well, especially running them the "wrong" way around like AP/Dixcel recommend.

SCR-PROs were great, they just started warping once I got though the heat treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                              I can vouche for Dixcel rotors.
                              apparently they warp by themselves...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X